Sunday, December 04, 2005

Wow.

I got the Einsturzende Neubauten DVD in my netflix and it is playing in the other room as I type this. Everytime I go in there to peek because the sounds are totally amazing, something totally amazing is going on onscreen. Just now they were all beating on the Iron Man. Earlier, there were about 8 people dressed in different costumes dancing wildly. And then there's little elfen Blixa screaming and jumping around. And the other guys beating randomly on stuff and setting stuff on fire. Wow wow wow. When I watch stuff like this I so want to live in a giant warehouse space where I could have a band like this. Seriously. Yes I love to listen to and watch pop music and new wave, but when it comes down to what I really love to DO, it's definitely beat on shit as hard as I can for hours while someone screams and someone else sets something on fire. One day, maybe.
Yesterday was a beautiful blur of a day off. We went to the EatnPark breakfast buffet and then hit up the Westcoast Video goin out of business sale. I got two of my favorite Ken Russell films (Crimes of Passion and Gothic) for $5. Becky got Cafe Flesh and also the KISS movie, and some other stuff. We also went out to the Waterworks for some soul sucking shopping(she had to go the fabric store, and I needed some things from the grocery) Man, just being around that much commerce tires me right out. I cashed in all my change and got "free" toilet paper and toilet cleaner, which made me feel good. Nice not to have to "pay" for things that are going down the toilet.
We had a nice dinner and some Mateus Rose and put up the sad little leany to the side silver tinsel tree. I really love my little sad tree, though. It's covered in aliens, reptiles, ninjas and spacemen. Becky said I need to make a Trent ornament, and that led me to saying "Merry Fistfuck" which kept me amused for hours. And still does amuse the hell out of me. I blame Meathead.
Speaking of TR, one of the other movies we got on the cheap is "Light of Day" which features a very young TR in a cameo role as a band member. I haven't watched it yet to see if I can locate him, but I am figuring he will probably look much as he did when I had that fateful conversation with him about Adam Ant in my boyfriend's mother's laundryroom. If you don't know that story, I'll tell it again. I love telling that story.
Also speaking of TR, rumor has it that he will be playing March 7th in Erie. We are SOOOOOOOOOO going to be there. It's almost like Trent heard me being sad about not seeing him in Cleveland and made sure to give me another chance. Except that I am not one of those Nine Inch Nails fans who believes I have some sort of psychic connection with Trent Reznor. I swear I'm not.
So, the rest of the day today is going to be about watching Einsturzende Neubauten and getting ready for my trip. I have to clean out the refrigerator and I have to do one more load of laundry, and I have to PACK. Packing sucks ass, as everyone knows. NO matter how carefully I pack, there will come a day in my three day jaunt to Toronto when I will want something that I have neglected to put in the bag. It never fails. So I will just have to assume that as a given and do the best I can. One thing I will make sure to do is pack multiple long underwears, because the last time I was in Toronto I froze to death. As our esteemed president says, fool me once....
I'll no doubt have lots of tales of debauchery to report on my return. Be good, stay warm, and, uh, don't get fooled again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home