Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Poster Idol....you're my lighter

I have always thought of myself as a person who doesn't really care so much about autographs. I think really that's true...but yesterday I got my personalized 8x10 glossy of the Eric Singer and Friends band and I was so geeked like a little schoolgirl! It's my THIRD Roxie autograph and doesn't mean as much as the one he insisted on giving me...to Lady Rock...but it's meaningful because it represents a nice thing that the guys did(give up their vacation days in Las Vegas to play a couple of Katrina benefit shows) So it's very precious. I like when people do the right thing.

I spent almost an hour this morning on the internet trying to figure out a way to search for flat bottomed black leather lace up ankle boots like I had back in the 80s. They were kinda like boxing/wrestling boots, and I found something sort of similar in a "jazz boot." But most of the ones I found that were reminiscent were more than $300. If I am going to be going dancing regularly on tuesday nights I am going to need some decent dancing shoes. I have a general lack of cool shoes right now and it is starting to get me down.

Last night's practice was inspired for me by the memory of Jhonn Balance. I was in the mood to WORK the songs into a solid form but the guys were concerned about working too hard or too late. Also, we added another new member. There is only one practice left and I hope I will not have to call a moratorium on adding additional members.....IT was chaotic last night, in some spots, but in some spots things came together clear as crystal. Wednesday we are prepared to panic.

I've been putting off vacuuming like it's some sort of ritual that needs to be done at the proper phase of the moon. My livingroom is absolutely PRESENTABLE right now for the first time since I can remember and I think it's funny that I have this mental block. I DO have people coming over tomorrow night, after all......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home