Monday, November 21, 2005

Dance Like You're In Pain, Baby Boy

Had it not been for the half bottle of blackberry brandy and the inevitable result of wearing red fishnets and black vinyl gloves all evening, I would have gotten up early on Saturday morning to do a recap of Friday night. As it was, less than three hours of sleep, too much sickly sweet alcohol and a couple of hours in the cruel garden of dark delights(foreshadowing!) made it impossible for me to process at 6am.
So now I have to try to piece it together through the filter of a couple of days later, so that I can then get around to talking about my new boyfriend, Daniel Ash.

Anyway......
Friday evening I gussied up: new boots, red fishnets over black tights, black velvet dress, Mary Magdalene medal(I call on the protection of the patron of fallen women)red crocheted rose choker courtesy of madorange, and those freakin gloves. And the riding crop. And lots and lots of styling products. And Leather and Chains.
Watched Trent to get into the mood, then headed for the QS around 8pm. Jilly complimented my slutty look. Everybody wanted to touch the gloves. Hee.
Rebby got the projections set up and then we set about drinking blackberry brandy and waiting. People started to arrive and everybody wanted to touch the gloves. Eventually I decided to do the door, since it didn't seem like anyone else was going to. The riding crop came in handy, and more than once I was asked if a swat came with the price of admission. But of course.
The crowd expanded nicely. There was a lot of buzzing electric excitement. The Side Orders played and it was gorgeous and atmospheric. Phone calls were made and answered pertaining to the gloves.
Then it was time to start. As is always the case with Anita Fix, the details of performance are a blur. Anita Fix is a state of mind for me, a state of mind I haven't been in (on stage, at least) for what seems like a hundred years. The songs were brilliant and people enjoyed them. People also enjoyed the filthy projections and the way that the filthy projections magically matched up to the songs. (there is a video of the performance in existance which I cannot wait to see) It all seemed to go very fast. Pictures are here (thanx jules!)
We ended the set with "Dandy In the Underworld" to pay tribute to our spiritual guru. There were hugs and kisses and accolades and promises and secrets.
Gary played a beautiful set with Steve on surprise drums. He played two of my favorite songs on purpose, and it felt really nice.
Stayed for a bit of Aydin which was gorgeous. Had to step on stage about three songs into their set because I had left my riding crop and cigarettes sitting there. Bad girl. Packed it up and headed out the side door, saying goodbye to no one. It was late and Saturday morning was coming early.
It's good to see the people of Pittsburgh getting in touch with their demons and loving it. Anita opened some floodgates on Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home