Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Alcohol is Your Yoga, Baby

Wow! I can't believe he said that!
I got my 29 cent copy of The Haunted Fishtank today. I curled up in the black velvet quilt with cigarettes and general foods international coffee(cafe vienna, for those scoring at home) and lit a couple candles and watched the whole thing through three times.
Major impresssions:
Kevin was ethereally gorgeous in a few of the videos....Yin and Yang, All In My Mind, and The Light.(then he bleached his hair and the magic was gone)
Daniel is obsessed with being lazy, going up, and coming down.(these obsessions carry through onto all of his solo albums as well)
David plays the harmonica like he would rather be taking a baseball bat to it.

It's strange to see some of these videos, and images from videos, and realize just how iconic they have become. I know that they got played all the time on MTV, but beyond the actual playing of the videos there are so many few second clips that have been used in countless promos and montages signifying THE EIGHTIES. I think it would be fair to say that Daniel Ash's hair is one of the most identifiable images of the decade. Which is fine by me. I'd also like to say that the man knows his way around a tube of lipstick...or maybe he had a good makeup artist. And lordy, he's one hell of a dancer. OK, I'll stop.

It wasn't till the second time around that I realized that the Bubblemen vignettes are all related to the videos. I'm not really stupid, I was just distracted by the hair.

My big news is that this time next week I will be on my way BACK from Toronto! I'm going with Jilly on Monday to celebrate her big birthday. We'll be back on Thursday, at which point I will have to jump headlong into catering, book unpacking, band practicing, and figuring out what to do about christmas. I'm really, really excited for the trip, but it completely snuck up on me. This year is racing to the finishline...it boggles my mind how fast time flies by these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home