Sunday, August 12, 2007


Good morning!
Here I am in my little office corner, starting the day earlier than planned after kitty came into the bedroom and knocked a glass off the table. She has gotten really obnoxious in the mornings, so I think she is going to be banned from the bedroom for a while. Anyway, it's nice to get a little jump start so I'm not rushing around, I guess.
Today I am at the helm for BIKE BRUNCH! in honor of the Bike Bike! conference being held at filmmakers this weekend. (it's being held at filmmakers, but it was organized primarily by folks associated with Free Ride!) There are more than a hundred extra bike folks in town this weekend for workshops and parties, and we want to encourage them to visit our place. So I am offering free coffee to anyone with a bike helmet today. I know that could get controversial since plenty of bike folks cruise helmetless, but I am firm in my belief in the helmet so there will be no exceptions. Rebby is getting up early in order to drive me to the Market District where I can hopefully find wagon wheel pasta for my vegan pasta salad. Cross your fingers!
So, the end of the dsl saga (I think I might have skipped some steps in the middle, but by this point I am BORED! with the whole thing) is that on Thursday, the day of the ginormous storms and power outages and state of disaster emergency and what not, a verizon tech showed up at my house at 5:30pm and spent close to two hours diagnosing and fixing my dsl problem. I was incredulous from start to finish at his go get 'em attitude. He was on overtime, apparently, so risking death testing phone lines with the possibility of a lightning storm didn't bother him one bit. I am grateful, because now my dsl works normally and I don't even think about it. Of course, my life is way too full to spend hours sitting in front of Youtube videos, but I COULD if I wanted to. That makes me glad.
I am looking forward to THREE days off after brunch today, punctuated by a great show featuring our first overnight guests. I will post more later about the show and the guests and everything I still have to do to get ready for them. For now, time to search for coffee......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home