Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Some things it's way too hot for:
a. wearing pants
b. doing dishes
c. packing!!!!!!!!!!

But alas, today I have to do all of those things. It's really too hot to organize my thoughts too, so here are a random collection of things for your enjoyment:
1.my phone went blank. I can get a new phone on Thursday, so for the time being I have a cellphone in my pocket that I can dial (if I happen to know the number I want to call) and I can receive calls, but I can't tell time or text message or even talk to a bunch of people because I don't have their number anywhere but the phone memory, and I can't see it. Grr. The guy at the Verizon store offered me a janky black Razr without a manual in exchange, but I opted to wait for a new phone. I'm a little too set in my ways to try to figure out a Razr with no manual.
2. went to the farmer's market with Jilly on Monday, and lo and behold, the strapping farmhand was back. He really does look like he just stepped off the cover of a harlequin romance novel. It's insane. I got some lovely tomatoes from him (well, from his stand....I couldn't get to him because he was surrounded by a gaggle of old women all yelling at him at once) and then we went to visit the Aztec salsa dude. We chatted with him for a while---he is such a charmer! I stopped to get some eggs from bluebird farms and then we headed over to the new house to check it out.
The Monday market is such a complete sensory overload these days!
3. packing is going slooooooowly. It's so hard to get motivated in the heat after working all morning in the restaurant. I am hoping for some rip roarin thunderstorms today to cool it down a bit. I have a nice stack of boxes packed full of clothes waiting to go, but I'm to the point where I sort of wander around and can't commit to the next thing. Sigh. I've got Thursday and Friday off so hopefully I can get some serious packing and cleaning under my belt.
4. I watched Ed Wood last night. Now THAT is a good use of Johnny Depp's talent. I was just amazed at that film in every way...the story is out of control, the writing was so good, the acting is phenomenal, and it looks fantastic. If you are a Johnny or Tim Burton fan you've probably already seen it, but if you haven't by chance I highly recommend it!
5. We went to the old garage a few days ago to get my little Bayou Buddie for back patio grilling. In the course of wading through all the accumulated crap up there to find it, we found a box of old cassettes I had somehow abandoned. In that box was my cassette of This Is The Sea by the Waterboys. I am a VERY happy girl!
6. I don't think I want to haul my giant metal and wood desk to the new place. I think I want something smaller and less brown. If you are in the area and would like a giant metal and wood desk (it came from an office at Carlow--it really is an official office type desk and it's in fine shape except for the one leg is slightly bent) let me know. This desk has served me very well but when I have a giant empty surface I tend to fill it up with things, and I want to have less temptation to STACk. You know the score.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home