Thursday, July 26, 2007

(sort of temporary) good news

I am writing to you right now from the futon in our "media room". This is the room that has the TV and VCR and DVD player and stereo and accompanying media, as well as the game playing coffeetable and beanbag chair and flipnfuck for game playing. It's coming together kind of nicely, just need some sort of CD and cassette holding fixtures. I managed to fit all the combined VHS tapes on to the shelving unit that held my pots and pans in the apartment---I am damn proud of myself for that accomplishment, because there are ALOT of them. They aren't in any kind of order but they are all there. I am so regretting giving away the giant CD rack that Dr Art gave me all those years ago....I'm not sure who I gave it to, but if you read this and you don't need it---I'll take it back. :) The smaller CD rack J* gave me is now holding our DVD collection, and surprisingly there are two empty shelves which could be filled with as yet unpurchased DVDs. I am sort of shocked!
So yeah, I am here in the media room, on the earthlink dialup. Verizon man showed up at noon and was done before 1pm---all he had to do was replace two jacks. He was willing to replace ALL the jacks, but since we aren't really going to be using TELEPHONES too much, I told him two was fine. He put one in here and one in my office room, which godwilling will be the internet hub. Verizon dude said he's installed DSL in this neighborhood before so it shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed. In the meantime, I have earthlink access for three more days, and then my account cancels on the 29th. I thought for sure DSL would be up and running by then. D'oh. If you need to get in touch with me, use my yahoo email (evilkamsa@yahoo.com) until I unveil my new verizon email address.
I spent the day unpacking stuff, putting some things away, and doing catering. We are providing some vegan treats for a big shindig at the zoo tomorrow night, and then some more vegan treats for a wedding on saturday morning. This morning I rolled 6 dozen grape leaves. Then I made the batter for pakoras, which I will be frying up pretty soon. Still tonight on my agenda is chutney and curry peanut dip(x3) and then I have a bunch of stuff to finish up tomorrow. Well, not a whole bunch, but a lot. I'm on schedule but since I have this whole other moving thing going on, I feel scattered and unprepared. I can't wait till next week when it will ALL be over, one way or another.
I didn't manage to get my carpet cleaned yesterday, but I did scrub the refrigerator and the stove and the bathroom, and got rid of the filing cabinet, and packed all the rest of the stuff up into boxes. Oh, and I removed fixtures and spackled! Yes, I can be pretty damn butch when I need to be. Luckily I don't need to be very often. Tomorrow I don't think I will be able to sit for a carpet cleaning(not to mention the fact that the street will probably be parked up again) but I am going to check to see if they work weekends--and if not, I am off again on Monday. These days off have been working out so well for me because I have had to sit and WAIT at one place or another so much lately. That is, when I'm not having to bus downtown FOUR times in one week. Grr.
I'm kinda liking the nightly rain storm deal---yesterday I was in the BATH during the rain, and it was unbelievably lovely. I had epsom salts and a candle and some incense and the soothing sounds of rain outside the window. That's livin.
OK,I'm really sore and kind of tired. I can't decide between having a beer and taking a nap and then getting up to finish my catering stuff, or having some coffee and powering through and going to bed early. I think I will probably choose option one, just because the rain is about to send me to lalaland. Sweet dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home