Thursday, July 12, 2007

Wow!
What a difference a day makes! Today the weather is positively LOVELY. It's about 65 degrees, the sun is shining and there is a very slight breeze. And NO HUMIDITY. Thank you Jesus.
Today I am having a major TCB day. I packed my desk stuff up, most of the kitchen, and I'm working on the file cabinet and the miscellaneous storage shelves (board games, photo albums, old journals, christmas decorations, etc) The misc storage shelving unit will become the pantry shelf in the new home, so I need to liberate it before I can unpack the foodstuffs. I'm also having a really stellar laundry day--I am actually right now drying all the towels in the place, and washing both comforter covers! Next I will actually wash the comforter itself, and then I'll start on the sheet sets that have been in a bag for months. I may even go as far as washing all the flannel sheets and packing them away for storage in the new home. Can you believe it? And it's only my first day off of two. AND it's only 11:34! Sheesh!
Yesterday I finally succeeded in ordering internet for the new home. It took about four tries because my computer would freeze up right at the wrong moment every time, but I managed to get it all done yesterday. I can't WAIT to have wireless access in my own home! Dude, I'll be able to sit on the PORCH and use the internet! I can't believe it. Speaking of sitting on the porch, someone is selling a 6 piece white wicker porch furniture set on craigslist for $40 right now. It's so tempting, but I don't have any superfluous furniture money just yet. Once August rolls around I can indulge my furniture fantasies. Of course, what I REALLY want is a porch glider, but for now a white wicker loveseat would be terrific. I'll see what rebby says.
We continue to be thwarted in our pursuit of washer and dryer. I think I should have been a lot more aggressive early on when there were at least 6 sets on offer the one day....I didn't realize that craigslist is a somewhat cutthroat market. I'm sure it will all work out, and we'll get a set when we REALLY need it. And until such time, we can walk to the laundromat at the end of our block!
Ok, back to work. Oh! let me leave you with
this. Even if you don't think you remember the song, if you watched MTV in the late 80s you will remember the video!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home