Monday, July 16, 2007

5400 Blues

So, you remember the cell phone saga, right? How my phone went blank, and I went to the Verizon store, and some dude stone cold lied to me about getting a replacement on Thursday, and there was no replacement, and the woman who was there was very helpful and got another store manager to bring one in on her own time from Monroeville so I could pick it up downtown, and how I picked it up on Friday and it was all good and a MORE ADVANCED MODEL with those bells and whistles I indicated, and how I downloaded cool new ringtones and was generally feeling EXTRA PIMPY with my new phone?
Well.....the one thing I never thought to check was if the charger would work because, well...even though it's fancier it's still and LG and the charger I have says UNIVERSAL LG so I thought that would be cool, right? WRONG.
Apparently, the charger for the 5400 would work for the 5200, but the charger for the 5200 does NOT fit the 5400. Got me? I found this out when I was sitting at my new home with only one bar and a lot of phone calls to make. I called the store and told the woman who answered my story, and she said she'd have Kim call me back. So Kim apparently frantically searched the back room of the store and could find no charger that worked, so she was overnighting one for me. Which means I may not have any phone later on today until I can go tomorrow and pick it up. Which means trip #4 downtown. Thankfully I have another day off tomorrow, so it should be no problem.
It's just an INCONVENIENCE. Blah.
So some folks are stepping up to help with the move--yeah! It's so great to have friends who will go out of their way for you. And it is also so great to be able to reward them for their help with yummy food and beers. (or cocktails from the immense cocktail bar in our front room!)I gotta plan a good menu. I also gotta get everything else packed so there is stuff for them to move! A couple people have volunteered to do earlier in the week trips too, which will help to organize my thoughts, I think. I just can't wait till it's OVER and we only live in one place. I think I've said that already, but it does bare repeating.
Today I walked to my apartment from the house, and it took me about 15 minutes. Plesant! That will not be an ordeal at all to walk to the QS. I still want a bike, but I think I am going to hold out for a girly schwinn, because that is what I really want. No sense getting a bike I don't really want just to have one. So yeah, today's agenda is packing, maybe making some of those calls on the dreaded LAND LINE (I have to call about my DSL because for some reason there was a problem with the online order, and I have to call to switch the gas and electric out of my name at the apartment, and I have to call to cancel my dial up. Ugh)and then tonight rebby and I are going to see the new Guy Maddin film Brand Upon the Brain! He is one of my favorite filmmakers and I can't wait. Wish me luck with the TCB...I'm to the point where I kinda just want to curl up into a ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home