Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Well, I better try to do this....it might take a few posts. I wish I had been writing while I was in Boston, as I did have a computer with cable internet in the room where I was staying, but by the time we got back to the room on any given day I was totally exhausted. I'm exhausted now too, but I'm home. And if I don't write it down now, I'll forget.
Saturday after the bauhaus/nin show, rebby had a barbecue going away party for Eric from filmmakers who is moving away for grad school. I ate some great tuna and ribs and I got really wasted on black label. Oh wait, I also drank the entire bottle of Beaujolais that we didn't get to drink in the parking lot by myself. I was a drunk lil puppy. It was fun, though.
Despite the drinking, we got ourselves on the road by noon on Sunday. The drive up was pretty uneventful. Got there in a little over 9 hours and sissy fed us and we stayed up talking for a while.
In the morning, we had toast and coffee and looked at a little VH1 classic. They were having their top 20 metal songs of all time countdown, hosted by Sebastian Bach. We had to leave to go to the beach, but we taped it. The drive to Manchester by the Sea was lovely, and we had lunch at Allison's dad's house. He is a character. He took quite a liking to Becky, as most people do. After lunch we got ourselves out to singing beach It was a nice day for the beach, a little overcast and not too hot. Lots of people were there. I did not go anywhere near the freezing cold water, but I enjoyed laying in the sand reading lesbian magazines.
We went back to Allison's dad's for dinner--he was very glad to be able to grill steaks for Becky and me. (the sisters don't eat the red meat) Then we set out for Gloucester to see the . Horribles Parade. It was fun, and featured a really awesome Morton's Fisherman float which included people dressed up as Ketchup and Tartar Sauce. The final marching band was very good with lots of drum corps stuff. It made me want to start a drum corps in Pittsburgh. But first I have to get one of those drums that you can strap on.
Next stop was the pier to watch the fireworks. We were able to meet up with Betsey and Michael and William and some members of Betsey's family, which was really cool.
Then finally back to Jamaica Plain where we watched the Top 20 Metal Songs countdown. (well, we didn't get to watch all of it, because the tape ran out. But #1 was Iron Man, and I called it)
4th of July we didn't leave the house. We ate leftovers and watched beach party movies. I had never seen any of those movies, and let me tell you, it was an eye opener! My favorite was Beach Blanket Bingo by far. In the evening sissy and allison went to get Thai food, but the Thai place was closed so we ended up having Indian and Ice Cream. Just as good. While they were gone we watched an amazing documentary called Beautiful Daughters. I highly recommend it. Laying around on the couch all day tired us out and we went to bed early.
Wednesday we ventured out to Deluxe Town Diner one of my favorite places. I deliberated with my choice but ended up getting a straight up eggs and bacon and homefries with toast AND a bagel. Delicious. We wandered around the neighborhood and got some little chocolates and some rose water at the middle eastern grocery for the special wedding cocktail. From there the shopping began in earnest....groceries for the afterparty, including my first time inside a Trader Joes. I am HOOKED! We also went to WholeFoods, and the straight up grocery, and the girls went to the paper store. It was a long and tiring day of shopping. Got home and unpacked everything and then it was time to get ready to go to Dali I'm going to stop here because...well, because I need to make sure I remember everything we ate at Dali. It's my favorite restaurant of all time, anywhere. I'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home