Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hello there world!
This seems to be turning into a weekly recap sort of blog...I guess maybe that is to be expected in the summertime. I just waved farewell to my dear friend Betsey and her husband Michael and their totally adorable baby William (14mos). They visited me for a couple of days inbetween the Episcopal General Convention (they are both priests, and Betsey was a delegate to the convention) and a trip up to New England to visit with Betsey's family. Which is doubly cool for me, because chances are we will be able to see them again up there next week! Woohoo. William is a super fun baby. We went to the Children's Museum where he got play in sand and with a giant litebrite and with water. I got to visit Mr Rogers Neighborhood and crawl into Daniel Striped Tiger's Clock where he sang to me. Awwww. Then we went to the Natural History museum where William got to drag a bone all over the Discovery Room. We decided that maybe he would rebel against his parents by becoming a voodoo priest. Ha. It was a short short visit, but I am so glad I got to spend some time with them. They are awesome parents (as I knew they would be) with a very awesome baby. And like I said, hopefully we will get to meet up again in the Boston/Glouster area for fireworks!
Earlier in the week was all about working working working and meetings meetings meetings. Things are coming together in a good way. We got a couple more catering jobs sewn up and got some good work done on portion control and presentation(despite silly grumbling from the peanut gallery, blah) I'm in a sort of marketing obsessive phase right now...trying to figure out how to get our catering brochure into more hands. I read a nice article on making a marketing plan the other day while I ate lunch that had the wheels spinning in my head.
Today is all about trying to eat some of the vegetables in my refrigerator (you know what it means when people visit from out of town...eating out for every meal!) and putting some effort into catching up on slip tallies. Ugh. The super awesome thing that happened is that Betsey and Michael wanted to have one more meal at the Quiet Storm, so we went up there for lunch. AND, my Judas Priest Live Vengeance '82 Netflix was there. So, I can park myself on the floor in front of Rob Halford and he can scream for vengeance while I do my tallies. That will make it a lot less painful.
Tonight is the triumphant return to Pittsburgh of LUDAS LOVESTYLE! I cannot wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home