Friday, June 09, 2006

OK, I'm plum tuckered out! I've been burning the candle at both ends big time this week. Engaging in all sorts of unhealthy behaviors. I feel kind of like I'm in the midst of some sort of backlash against myself. It's okay, though.....Rob Brezsny said so. I always listen to what people named Rob tell me to do. (*wink)
Let's see...where have I been? Wednesday is a blur, except for the fact that I had a private lesson bellydance class. No one else showed up, so it was just me and Amethyst. It was lots of fun, and boy howdy, did she work me over good! I still cannot master the head slide, but I did "get" a couple of things sort of suddenly, mostly as a result of repetition. That's the way to do it, I guess. On my way to bellydance class I bought a pack of marlboro milds, for which I blame Rob Halford. ( I have absolutely no grounds for blaming him for either the cigarettes(except that he does or at least did smoke) or the choice of Marlboro Milds. Still, in my mind it had something to do with my Rob Halford obsession. I could talk my way through it if I wanted to, I suppose, but I'm not sure it's necessary.) ANYHOW, there was a moment when I was downtown with my new pack of Marlboro Milds when I thought "if there was a bar downtown where I could go and buy a drink and just LOOK at leather daddies, I would so do it right now." Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your perspective, there is no such bar in downtown Pittsburgh. So I came home and stopped at the Taco Bell to get some dinner, and filled my giant drink cup with Sierra Mist. When I got to my apartment I promptly topped it off with VODKA. Wow! It's the triple threat...cigarettes, junk food, and alcohol! Hows about that, Rob Brezsny?! It was awesome, I must say.
Thursday morning I did not work breakfast but I went in to unload the Frankferd order and wrap 8 boxes of tofu. It's very therapeutic for me. Had a nice time checking in with my peeps, and then I came home and monkeyed around for a while. I don't know what I did. I did try to go somewhere to buy a copy of the Advocate because there is apparently a picture of my girl in there from when she was on the road with the trannies, but almost as soon as I got far enough from my house not to turn back, it started to rain. So I went to Giant Eagle instead, where I thought there was a 5% chance that maybe they would have the Advocate in the giant magazine section. Nope. Instead I bought some miscellaneous stuff, and then I found a new bellydance practice DVD on sale. So I got that too. Came home and ate my grocery store sushi (it wasn't terrible, but of course it also was not very awesome) and watched the DVD. It seems like it will be a good workout...much more active than the Rachel Brice one. Then I got myself all dolled up to go out dancing at the Brillobox.
Rebby met me there, and we proceeded to get pretty drunk(me= one blackstrap stout and TWO Red Hook IPA s!!!!) and not dance all that much. Some of the music was great, but some of it sounded pretty much like house music from any dance bar and that was sort of uninspiring. We stumbled out of there around midnight and went to Taco Bell AGAIN! Shameless. It sure does hit the spot after drink nights, though.
This morning I felt pretty darned raw when I had to get up and go to work, but once I was there and had drunk copious amounts of coffee I kicked it into high gear. Which was good, because around noon it became obvious that I was going to have to be the lunchtime dishwasher in addition to getting everything finished for supper. I totally admit to getting a macho kick out of stuff like that, and luckily it wasn't super busy so I didn't have to be in the dish area constantly. I made some delicious acorn squash and sundried tomato bisque, and some REALLY delicious garlic roasted carrots with white wine tarragon vinaigrette. I also made five lentil loaves, tho I did not get to try them to see if they were delicious. They smelled delicious, though. Eventually, around 5pm, I came home and crashed out!
Now I'm up again, listening to Halford in the hopes that I can get a second wind in order to go to the store for ingredients to make strawberry pretzel fluff and mini cheeseballs for brunch. It's working okay. This album is super excellent, though it is not the most recent before rejoining Judas Priest like I thought it was. It is actually the album he would have been touring the time I almost but not quite got to see him at Starlake when he opened for Iron Maiden. The Maiden show was terrible, except for the fact that I was with a really fun bunch of boys. It would have been so much better had we made it in time for Halford. Next time we'll have to take more trucker speed. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home