Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yay! I terminated my cell phone contract today! It took a while, as the billing was in the name of the previous owner of the Quiet Storm, and they wanted me to give his social security number. I don't know that. Nor do I know his new address. Seriously, it would have been a lot easier for him to just terminate the contract since it was all in his name, but whatever. After explaining my situation the lady took care of it for me. I don't have to send back the phone, so I can donate it to some worthy cause. I have had a nice run with my Motorola batphone, but I am very excited for the upgrade.
I am more excited than I would have expected for the picturephone. There are so many times in my life that I am walking around thinking "if I had a digital camera I would so take a picture of that!" but of course, I don't. So now I can fulfill all my arty photog fantasies. I should be in possession of the new phone tomorrow. I cannot wait to load it up with contacts!
The next project on the horizon is DSL. Unfortunately I just paid my $25/month dialup bill, so I really shouldn't invest in the DSL until next month. But if I can make it work so they charge it to my phone bill, I will do it as soon as possible. It doesn't really make sense to pay $25 a month for dialup when I could have DSL for $18/month, right?
And then there is the fantasy of cable. I really don't think it's a good idea for me to get it, but sometimes my soul longs for the food network. Since the roster of cooking shows on PBS on Saturday have gotten pretty disappointing except for Jacques Pepin, who I never manage to catch anymore. And plus, Larry O'Donnell has his own show on MSNBC. Oooh, the glory. I can't really be thinking like that until I find a way to get more catering jobs going, though. I have bellydance and yoga and walking shoes to pay for already!
Last night I made an amazing green chile stew. I couldn't stop eating it. It's not especially soupy...more a thick glop of green chiles, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and ground beef. I was trying to remember where I had ever had green chile stew with meat in it before, as I was pretty sure I didn't have it at Frontier when I was a vegetarian. Then I remembered that sometimes I would go to breakfast at Manny's where they put beef in the green chile, and sneak some. The first time I ordered it I didn't KNOW they put beef in it, but the times after that I certainly did. I was a very bad vegetarian for a lot of the time I lived in Albuquerque.
My new cellphone email resulted in getting a couple of messages from some long lost people I thought had fallen into the Pacific ocean. I'm glad to hear that they are alive and that one is having a charmed life of traveling to the Caribbean every two weeks from his condo in Hawaii, and dating a really hot woman who just happens to be a massage therapist. The other one is coming to visit me in June with her husband and baby, who is already a year old! I can't wait to meet him.
Not a very exciting entry, I'm sorry. I've got a Frankferd order to do and I have to get in the shower and I am rapidly running out of time. I'll try to be more fun and informative later.
xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger madorange said...

Hey, with the pic phone, you can send pics directly to Flickr! Yes, these things excite me.

As for DSL, I am so aggravated with Verizon right now. I need to renew mine so the price doesn't go up, but when I try the "renew" button, it never works. AND to top it off, the latest new offer is $17.99 a month, but I can't get that deal, I have to keep the one I have at $29.99. F*ckers. Talk about screwing loyal customers. I am tempted to switch phone and computer over to Comcast. Sell my soul to a different giant corporation.

Cable rules, but it is pricy. I wish I had a DVD recorder, then I could record all the food shows for you and you could watch them at your leisure.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home