Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hello there!
It's another super gorgeous day...today is supposed to hit 80! It's also PAYDAY, which means I am on my way out to the Waterfront to purchase the yoga mat of my dreams. I will also peruse walking shoes, although I'm not sure I'm going to take the plunge yet on those. Sports bra, yes. Also, I have an EXCUSE to shop at Bed Bath and Beyond today, as the QS kitchen is in desperate need of hanging baskets for garlic and ginger. I normally ban myself from that store as there are so many (expensive) nifty gadgets in there that I do not NEED, but which I am pretty likely to convince myself to buy given the chance. So I just don't go there. But today, I have a mission. Yippee Skippy!
Yesterday was just lovely, after I got done with my job...things at the Quiz were really weird and I felt a little edgy all day. Wednesdays are always rough for me because I am going back in after sometimes as much as 4 days off, and in those 4 days the place can get pretty trashed. Yesterday was particularly bad, but I got through. Then, it was GYM TIME! I cut down on my treadmill time so that I could get all the machines in. I did much better on the ab cruncher than the last time, and I got to hit the LEG MACHINES. Wooboy. The "hip abductor" is a dirty little machine, but man is it a good workout. Definitely my favorite after the "seated leg press". I was really impressed that I was able to increase the weight on all the machines I had done last time, even though it had been two weeks since my last time. I guess the muscles have been there all along, they just have been in hiding for the past 20 years. Heh.
After the gym I walked home, down lovely Moorewood Ave. That is really a very pretty street once you get past the frat houses and before you hit the busy traffic of Bates St. I turned onto Ellsworth(another tree lined beauty) to Negley and stopped in to the Giant Eagle to get some watermelon. I was craving it. I also got some tuna steaks that I think maybe were not the best....I had some tummy upset last night. I think I am just going to have to do all my fish shopping at Whole Foods...I have been trying to convince myself that there isn't any difference, but I think there really is. Oh well. It's a nice walk to Whole Foods, I just get so claustrophobic in there.
I didn't end up going out last night....I really wanted to take it easy and truthfully, as much as I wanted to see the music, I was in no mood to be in a smoky bar. Or even to drink beer at all. I watched television and drifted off to sleep early. Nice. Rebby stopped by to see me before going to the show and then taking off this morning for another tranny weekend. This time to DC. I hope it's a good trip for her....driving to DC is not that much fun.
So...I think I better get going on my shopping adventure. Happy 4-20,dude!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home