Sunday, April 09, 2006



Whooooooboy! I have a brand new obsession!
Last night, in my effort to combat the musical anarchy coming from upstairs and next door, I decided to try to make myself a new workout music tape. I was alternating between "classic rock" and "new wave" (my own totally dodgy and unsupportable definitions of these genres) using only my record albums. I started off with "Doctor Doctor" by UFO and ran through all kinds of stuff. When I got to the Js, I pulled out my copy of Adolescent Sex by Japan, thinking "hmm...I don't know if I've ever actually even listened to this." And so I did. And so I am, over and over. My god, is this an amazing album! David Sylvian's voice sounded COMPLETELY different on this. Really, really sexy in a down and dirty way that doesn't hint in the slightest at the smooth cocoabutter crooning that was to come. Musically, you can see signs of where they would eventually go, but this is just a big glam trashy delight from start to finish. I am super in love! And the sad thing is, it's not like discovering a new band where I can look forward to going out and getting everything else they did. I already know everything else they did is not the same. It's brilliant and beautiful and dear to my heart, sure, but it's completely different from this sexy groovy dance music. Sigh. Oh well...at least I have this new surprise to dance around and do housework to.
Another gem I pulled out of the stacks is Extricate by the Fall. "Telephone Thing" had me bopping around the living room at 11pm last night like I was in my own private dance hall.
It's an absolutely gorgeous sunny Sunday. My honeygirl is due home tonight. I've got clean sheets, quarters for laundry, and a sweet potato calling my name. Not to mention David Sylvian singing perversely in the livingroom. I declare this life to be awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home