Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's a weird sort of day that starts with 20 minutes of power yoga and ends with eating generic captain crunch out of the bag. It's called "Berries Bunch O Crunch" and has blue and red and purple crunchberries, and a pirate dog mascot. It's pretty good...not nearly as sweet at the real thing. It's been on top of my fridge since February, I think, and I want to get rid of it. Right now it is doing a good job of stabilizing my poor tummy after a "dinner" of a veggie sandwich and onion rings and Guinness at Gooskis. The "veggie" sandwich was some sauteed mushrooms, onions, banana peppers, with lettuce and tomato (no cheese) on a hamburger bun. Not what I was thinking of when I thought it would be nice to have a vegetable today. Sigh. Before that unfortunate dinner, all I had eaten today was bacon, eggs, beans, cheese and bread. Oh! I had a couple glasses of V-8 too, thank the heavens. At least I got some vegetable content in there. My body is not at all happy with me, though. This is kind of a dirty trick to pull on it after all the walking, drinking water, and doing yoga. I don't think I'll be doing this again any time soon.
The dinner at Gooskis was a matter of convenience as we were having a LUPEC meeting on the Hill. It was a good meeting, and even though I went to it feeling vaguely like I should just drop out, by the end I felt more like I should hang in there and do what I can. I like hanging with those ladies, and I like doing the research. The parts I don't like I can leave for someone else.
Before the LUPEC meeting I went to the Conservatory to see the flowers with Juli. We had a great time exploring all the different rooms and even walking in the Japanese garden in the rain. Unfortunately, all my favorite trees and plants and flowers seemed to be lacking identifying signage. I filled out a comment card to complain about it. I have to say the orchid room was slightly disappointing as alot of the orchids were not in bloom. Especially the dendrobiums, my favorites. Also, the tumeric plant was dormant which really sucked. I would have loved to see what a tumeric plant looks like. I'll have to go back in May. (pssst: I think the tree you liked was the Japanese dogwood. But I'm not sure) I also got a really nice little silver flower pin that Juli made, and a record cuff bracelet. What a nice surprise!
Before the conservatory was the yoga. Boy did I hit the wall fast! It's been a really long time since I've done any yoga and there are some parts of me that just don't bend like they used to. I know it will get easier the more I do it, but this morning was sort of a slap in the face. I have been reading my book and sort of nodding and theorizing but actually getting in there and doing it is a whole other animal. I will definitely be practicing with my tape for quite a while before I consider going to a class! Tomorrow I intend to get up early and crank up the heat and do it all again before I have to go to work. I am beta brunch, so I don't have to be there till 9ish. That should give me plenty of time to sweat through some yoga and shower. Speaking of showering, I had my first Dr Bronner's Peppermint shower of the season (and of my new 32oz bottle) I don't know if there is anything better in the realm of cleanliness. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home