Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wow. Another gorgeous day in the neighborhood! The sun is streaming in the windows, the slightest breeze is ruffling the curtains, and the birdies are singing what I want to sing. (obscure Pere Ubu reference)
Yesterday I did not go to the bookstore in the morning like I said I might (it was only open till 2pm) Instead I did some more closet excavation, a whole bunch more straightening up in the bedroom, and took a long walk to my local library. My local library is pretty sad, but it kinda reminded me of the public library in Elyria where I grew up. Except that the public library in Elyria was a lot better organized. This library, though, has an absolutely stellar collection of VEGAN cookbooks. Seriously, someone must have bequeathed a fortune to the library for the acquisition of vegan cookbooks because they took up at least two full shelves. Cool! I got out a really big one called Vegan Planet that I had never seen. It is full of yummy stuff.
I also got out Journey Into Power by the dude who "invented" power yoga. It's a pretty good read so far. I really liked his analogy about how people treat their cars better than their bodies. I don't own a car, but I totally get what he is saying. I can't wait to get a yoga mat (roll on payday!) so I can start doing this stuff!
The VHS/DVD/Cd collection at my local library is totally pathetic, but they did have a VHS tape called "Learn the 80s Dances!" where you can learn the robot and moonwalk and the like. I almost got it out, but then....nah. Too silly. The cool thing is that I can go online and order a book or tape or DVD or CD from any of the branches to be transferred to my local branch and they will email me when I can pick it up. How cool is that? So I can make my Monday library walk a regular thing.
Next week I hope to also make the Labyrinth Walk a regular thing. It was closed yesterday on account of it being Easter Monday, but in the future I should be able to go on Monday afternoons. Sweet!
Speaking of Mondays, my bellydance class was cancelled! Aroo, aroo. Apparently the new owners of Stanwix Towers were rude to the teacher, so she had to cancel the class. She is looking for new spaces to hold it, but I am temporarily crushed. I plan to go to this, though, to meet her and see what she's all about. I feel like I really want her to be my teacher, so I'll wait until she gets things worked out.
In other news, I got Exotica by Martin Denny and New Boots and Panties by Ian Dury yesterday, at the chichi Goodwill for 69 cents each. I have actually removed Japan from the turntable two days in a row now to listen to them. Both these albums make me extraordinarily happy.
Tomorrow I will say something about Celebrity Cooking Trainwreck, the first episode of which I watched last night. I will watch the second episode tonight, after Gilmore Girls and before Law and Order SVU. Tuesday is SOOO the best TV night for me.
My new myspace friend Sebastian Bach is going to be on Gilmore Girls tonight too, making it extra special.
Through the sleepless nights, and every endless day......

PS! Since this entry is so linktastic, I should point you in the direction of sad kermit. It's hard to know if I should laugh or cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home