Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yesterday was a sort of momentous day, even though it didn't really feel that way. It was momentous because I basically gave my notice at the bookstore. I will be done with it at the end of April. I have been sort of dreading going in for a few months now.....there is really NOTHING much that I can do in 10 hours a week, and mostly I just go in, hear about everyone's weekends, read magazines, and sit around until closing time. So in my 10 hrs a week, I have been doing roughly 2hrs of work. This would be a dream come true for some people, I suppose, but it makes me cranky as hell. So last week I found out that one of our cooks at the QS is leaving to have more time to work on the house he just bought, and then I found out that there is a bellydance class starting in May on Monday nights. So those two things combined to make me just up and give my notice. Once the semester is over there will be plenty of people to close the store on the two nights I am currently working, not to mention the fact that they are getting another manager trainee. The thought of cramming one more person into that office makes me twitch. I can't do it. So now I am FREE!!! Well, in a couple of weeks. Money might be a little tight till the catering $$ start rolling in, but I'll figure something out. Not smoking will help.
That's right...I think this time the not smoking is going to take. It's been a 10 days since my last cigarette, and I haven't really even been tempted. The big test will come this Friday when I go out to a smoky club to see rock and roll for the first time since quitting the evil weed. You know what though? It is so nice to not smell like smoke all the time. And also, both Monday and yesterday I took the stairs at Carlow instead of the elevator ON PURPOSE and I was not a complete mess by the time I got to the top, like I would have been even two weeks ago. I just have to convince myself that these benefits outweigh my romantic attachment to smoking. Seriously, I LOVE smoking. Sigh.
I am right now drinking something called AM Detox tea courtesy of Celestial Seasonings. It is supposed to be helping my liver get rid of toxins. I don't know how that is going, but I do know that it has a really weird mouthfeel that I am kinda into. Very mucilaginous. I think it's the milk thistle. It's probably pretty stupid to drink this stuff and then head right for the coffee, but I'm not ready to give up coffee too. One thing at a time, please.
Today is gym day, hopefully, and then hopefully I will get to see Saul Williams afterward. He is performing at CMU this evening. It may be sold out, but if not, I am definitely going to go. That man is amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger madorange said...

Congrats on leaving the bookstore! Yay!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home