Friday, April 21, 2006

Woah! I was just writing how seriously bummed I was that I had volunteered to cover the Monday night dinner shift of a co-worker so he could travel and then found out that AL STEWART is coming to play at the Club Cafe. But then I realized that Al Stewart is playing on SUNDAY, not Monday. So now, I have to decide if I really want to pay $22 to see Al Stewart. I'm betting that I do. He's one of my all time favorites. That will be a theme brunch day (theme: VEGETARIANS!) and I am alpha, which means I will walk out of there with at least $70. So yes, I think I shall go and see Al Stewart! I can already tell how great it is going to be to sit in those big chairs and drink a very expensive martini and listen to Al Stewart sing Time Passages and try not to stare at Peter the sound guy, on whom I had the mother of all crushes when he was a dirty little goth boy. Oh yes I did. You should see the poetry.....
It's a blustery storm going on right now, and I am happier than happy that I decided not to go downtown to the gallery crawl. I hope that everyone didn't wuss out like me, that's for sure, but I am very content with my coffee and girl scout cookies, making a mix CD. I like to experience the stormy weather from inside my apartment, thank you very much. Tomorrow, weather be damned, Juli and I are going to the Conservatory to look at the Spring Flower Show! I am really hoping that it isn't too rainy so we can check out the outdoors herb garden, but I will be content with the orchid room. I think it has probably been 15 years since I was in the orchid room, but I think about it alot. You should see the poetry.....
Yesterday's trip to the Waterfront was very fruitful. I got a really nice yoga mat that came with a block and strap and instructional DVD. I also got a hot pink sports bra, and a fannypack dealio to hold my tape or CD player. To hold me over till I can invest in an MP3 dealio, which is coming soon. After the shoes, probably. I looked at a lot of different walking shoes, but I was completely overwhelmed. I was also seriously creeped out by the saleslady in the New Balance store, who stood about two inches from me while I looked at her very expensive shoes. She didn't say anything, she just hovered. It was creepy!
I was also successful in my hanging basket mission, though I did not get the bracket to attach it to the wall (our ceilings are way too high to hang it from the ceiling) I did, however, get a little package of citrus condoms. I saw some lady on one of the cooking shows last weekend using these and it blew my mind. It's a little mesh bag that you fit around your cut lemon or lime half so you can squeeze it and the seeds won't come out. How fucking cool is that?!?! I'm thrilled. And I was buying them for the Quiet Storm, so I don't have to feel guilty in the slightest! Woohoo.
I stopped in to Bath and Body Works where I was again hovered over by a sales girl. She seemed a little disappointed when I decided on four trial sized bottles for $10, but she couldn't help me when I asked her where the full sized versions of those bottles were. Hmm. This rosemary mint body lotion is really treating me well, though. Maybe next time I can brave the yankee candle odor and spend more time looking for this stuff in there.
I also had to stop in Giant Eagle since I was there and had time to kill. I don't like that Giant Eagle much. But I managed to find V-8 and some really, really good roasted garlic chicken sausage. Yum. They had that thing going on there where they have someone stationed at every self check out to bag groceries. Now, isn't that just a little ridiculous? WHY have a self check out if you are still going to schedule someone to stand there? It seems silly to me.
OK, here's a question I can't answer for myself....should I go see Ani Difranco? I'm sitting here listening to her old stuff and I REALLY love it. But what are the chances that she'll play much from "imperfectly"? What are the chances I'll be really annoyed by a lot of the crowd? Any help is appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home