Saturday, May 06, 2006

So, I totally failed to eat vegetables yesterday. However, I did manage to maintain a gleeful disposition all day, so I get half credit. Truthfully, I barely ate anything at all yesterday--a little huevos rancheros for breakfast, and then the rest of the day I pretty much lived on rootbeer and whatever I licked off my fingers during the course of a very busy dinner shift. Whoosh! It all went by so fast! My tempeh mole turned out really well, judging from people's comments and the little bit I licked off my fingers. (note to food safety professionals:I make sure to wash my hands any time I lick something off my fingers. I went to school for this)
So yeah, Cinco De Mayo supper was a huge hit! It seemed like lots of people came out specifically FOR the special dinner, and made sure to tell the servers how happy they were for it. Does this mean we should bring back the pre-planned suppers? Will these people be steady constant customers, or will they get tired of it after a few months? Maybe once a month special dinners are the key. Who knows.
Today Jennie and I are going to the Whole Health Expo to get our chakras massaged and our auras read and to meet the people who are organizing the first annual western pennsylvania fairie festival. (oh, not really. but it's in the brochure) I can't wait to see the Ekankar people. Back when Jennie and I lived in south oakland, we used to walk past the Ekankar office every day. I've always been totally fascinated by them. It should be an interesting time and now that I have a PICTUREPHONE! I can capture the memories. Ha.
Speaking of the picturephone! I spent $7.50 this morning downloading ringtones. I just had to. I had a hard time deciding between "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake and "Final Countdown" by Europe for my default ring....I decided on the Whitesnake. That song looms large in my legend, as John Lennon might say. (or was it Paul? Oh lord, I'm not at all sure...) Anyway, I can't wait till Jennie calls me this morning...I got a Joy Division ringtone for her.
My ankle is feeling pretty good today. I think I might be able to indulge in some yoga tonight after the Whole Health Expo and brunch prep. This is a very interesting moment for me....looking forward to an exciting Saturday night of YOGA.
OK, it's McLaughlin Group Time! Hope you have a lovely Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home