Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Crikey!
What a wild weekend! Lots of highs and lows. A little microcosm. I'll give you some hi and low lights.
Friday I had that extra day off because I worked the breakfast on Thurs so jilly could go to jury duty. (they ended up sending her home at lunchtime.) I did some more laundry, planned to do some other stuff---but didn't really. I didn't leave the house, again. I guess Feb is all about mini hibernation. Anyway, at some point on Friday I got some really disturbing news....the ex of a friend shot himself in the head on Tuesday night, only to be found by his 8 year old son on Wednesday morning. I am having a very hard time figuring out what is the worst thing about this scenario---the guy was a consummate fuckup, but still. He leaves behind the 8 year old son who already had seen more than any person should have to see in life, plus the almost 5 year old daughter who despite everything really loved her daddy. The chances that there was a life insurance policy are pretty slim---and he was already a financial burden on everyone around. It's just a terrible mess. I haven't actually been able to talk to my friend yet....she sent me a text message because it was too hard for her to say. I am waiting for her call. If you know me, you probably know who I am talking about, and hopefully you can keep her and the kids in your prayers.
On Friday I also cut off most of my hair. Just chopped it. I am not terribly happy with the results, but I think it's something that a trained professional could easily fix. Don't ask me what got into me, because I don't have an answer. Just needed a change, I guess. I already love the fact that it will dry in practically no time---that is a definite benefit. I'll post a picture once it's fixed up.
Friday night rebby and I went to La Fiesta for dinner. I had been craving Mexican food in a serious way. We had chips and salsa and chorizo y queso and then I got the perfect plate of a cheese enchilada, a beef taco, beans and rice. Yay. I was hoping for sopapillas, but we were way too stuffed by that point. Yum. We stopped at Dreaming Ant and picked up Secretary and a super awesome documentary about X called The Unheard Music. Wow, it was so good. I somehow had mostly missed X back in the day, but I am catching up.
Saturday morning we watched a little bit of the shows, had some toast and coffee, and then...drove to Cleveland! Well, first we had to go the bank and the gasoline store, and also stopped in to Radio Shack to get one of those devices that enable the sansa to play over the car radio. Sweet. So yeah, we decided to take an impetuous trip to Cleveland to go to the West Side Market. I don't have time right now to go into it in much detail but lordy---I REALLY want to move to Ohio City. It's unbelievable. In fact, I think I'll stop now and post in detail when I get home from work because I really want to share the love of Ohio City with you all. See ya later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home