Thursday, February 15, 2007

Some Things

1)Ian McKellen is my new myspace friend. Well, it's not really him--it's a fanpage. But I have a very very distinguished(hott) picture of Ian McKellen in my top friends now. Swoon.

2)I just took my second bread out of the oven. It's a raisin bread by special request from rebby after we had some delicious raisin toast while recording in Erie this weekend. (more on that in a minute) I used cinnamon and some of the vanilla sugar I got from Ikea in addition to organic raisins. It smells SO GOOD I can barely stand it, but I know it will be better if I let it sit before I cut into it.

3)Imogene Heap was nominated for best new artist at the Grammys. I would have done a spit take if I was drinking something. She is one of my new finds courtesy of emusic.com. The cool thing about getting 30 downloads a month for one low price is feeling good about taking a chance on something I haven't heard before. I highly recommend her if you have not heard her. Of course, she's been around for years(in the UK) and also of course---she lost to Carrie Underwood. Sigh.

4)Rebby had a couple of snow days and on day two she ended up watching Donnie Darko. I noticed while watching Donnie Darko that two of the three songs that Spandex Ballet performed at the new wave cabaret are featured in this film. Coincidence? I'll have to ask.

5)Cabin fever set in last night and we decided to hike in the snow drifts to Modern Formations to see the Woodlab show. The hike was super gorgeous because all the tree branches were iced up and looked like glass. The snow, as they always say, made everything quiet. We got there early enough to have spring rolls, tea, and curried chicken coconut soup at Pho Minh. The show was amazing--I'm so glad we went even if almost nobody else did. Three of my very favorite singer songwriters(Hills, Anita Fix, Daryl Fleming) and a guy I hadn't heard before who was very soothing(Dave Bernabo) made all sorts of beautiful musics. Megan is playing violin with Daryl now and that was extra special. They sounded fantastic together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home