Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mission(mostly) Accomplished

Yesterday was a very productive and yet totally relaxing day. I got almost all of the stuff on my list done, including FOUR loads of laundry. It didn't totally wipe out the laundry mountain, but it did reduce it to a manageable level. And, since I am working breakfast into lunch today so Jilly can go to jury duty, I have tomorrow off. So as long as I remember to score some more quarters I can kick the rest of the laundry in the ass by the weekend. Huzzah!
Roxie was very nice on the radio yesterday. He played Hanoi Rocks completely unbidden, and he also played Judas Priest in response to my subliminal messaging. Hee hee. And that Kaiser Cheifs song I really like "Oh my god I can't believe it..."
Rebby stopped by for a surprise visit after church and that was nice. I fed her some coffee and toast and sent her on her way.
Did a ton of recipe research for the Irish brunch...now I just have to make decisions. It's hard not to go overboard with the sweets or the cabbage when it comes to Irish vegetarian food. But I'll work it out and make it as balanced as I can.
So---Casa de los Babys....I can't say I loved it. It was definitely an interesting character study and the actresses all did a great job. But it's John Sayles, and he is really into the slice of life movies where things don't really get resolved and although that is how life is, really....I end up feeling a little frustrated. It was one of those where I sat and stared at the screen for a long time after the closing credits, refusing to believe that was really the end. I started to watch the Prestige last night but it is a very DARK movie and that made me fall asleep. I'm having a hard time with Christian Bale's accent. But I'll finish it later today and take it back to blockbuster and maybe, just maybe, get something else. I'm movie crazy!
Didn't start my new bread yesterday, but I did make myself a kick ass taco salad with leftovers for lunch today. So yeah, all in all.....it was a grand day off. And I never even left my building!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home