Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Silence of the Yams

Haahaahaahaahaahaa! I love this man.

My first bread dough of the new regime is in a big pot in the oven right now, where it will hang out for 18 HOURS before I fold it around and then let it hang out for another two hours. Then it will go into a pretty crockery dish I bought yesterday at the thrift store for the bread making adventure, and baked at extremely high heat.
I am sort of fearful because the recipe that I printed out and followed (for whole wheat "no knead" bread) has WAY more flour in it than the other recipes I have since read, but about the same amount of yeast. Hmm. We'll see how it goes. If it comes out even okay I will be ecstatic, and then I can start playing around with it.
I had it sitting on top of the refrigerator earlier but I could not keep myself from poking it every time I went in the kitchen, so I moved it to the oven. I think it will be warmer and happier in there anyway.
Yesterday's thrifting odyssey was cut a little short by the water main break on 51...that was unfortunate. Especially unfortunate was the fact that there was no way to know until we had been sitting in traffic for 45 minutes that we weren't going to be able to get through anyway, and after trying to navigate the hills and side streets of overbrook we just gave up and went back to the south side salvation army.
But first, we did stop in the ole Red White and Blue, where rebby got a ton of t shirts to print and I got a fantastic trophy for the robot dance contest. It really is spectacular. At the salvation army rebby got another giant load of t shirts and a nice new wavy blue striped button down....I got some various lingerie type things, and a super cool big black fishnet overshirt, and a couple more glass jars for grains and things. Then we stopped at the co-op so I could get bread flour and some stone ground grits, because I am now sort of obsessed with the grits making. I will report back.
One more linky for ya....have you been using goodsearch? I have mine set to the Persad Center, but there are a bunch of worthwhile causes that deserve your click!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home