Saturday, February 17, 2007

Blah.
The weather and the hormones have combined to make me not want to do a damn thing today. Blah. I had planned to take some laundry across the street(since the washer in the basement is STILL BROKEN!) but I think that is probably not going to happen.
I think I might head out to the store to get some necessaries and then come home and tidy a bit and then veg out on the couch for the rest of the night. The power of hormones.
Last night rebby and I tried to go to Piper's Pub for some soothing Guiness and stew, but they still have not cleaned up from their water main break so we ended up at Fatheads. Which was okay---I still got my Guiness, and a good cheesesteak, and some homemade chips with malt vinegar. Plus they were playing 80s tunes. All good. After we ate we went to Dreaming Ant to get some gay film. Last night we watched Daddy and the Muscle Academy, a very interesting and super erotic documentary about Tom of Finland. It is mostly interview with Tom, but there are also lots of views of his drawings as well as shots of leathermen hanging out and getting dressed and buff dudes covering themselves in oil and stuff. Rrroarr. We both made it all the way through the actual documentary, but then we both fell asleep during the supplemental interview footage. The lilting sound of the Finnish language lulled us, I guess.
This morning we watched the shows and then The Living End. Wow. I can't believe I've never seen this film before---it was so right up my alley. It's very low budget and not particularly well acted in some spots, but it has a sort of John Watersish quality about it that is very appealing. Plus, lots of Echo and the Bunnymen and Chemlab and Coil in the soundtrack. I highly recommend this movie! I think I watched Nowhere a long time ago and didn't like it, but I would be willing to give it another shot now that I am more sophisticated. Ha. And maybe some more Gregg Araki films too. I finally got around to watching Kinsey and finishing Naked Lunch(GAWD WAS THAT TEDIOUS!!!!) so I can update my netflix queue. Hoorah.
Anyway---the raisin bread turned out really good. Next time I make it I will add sunflower seeds to take it over the top. I've got the next bread started--this one will be mostly whole wheat with a little white thrown in to soften it up. I need to get some more funky ingredients to throw in the next batch.
I've planned a supremely pimpy menu for brunch tomorrow. Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese Frittata, Chocolate Pecan Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce, and Artichoke and Red Pepper Shortcakes with Vegan Hollandaise. I have really missed being in the saddle for brunch during my two week absence. I really do love turning it out. Hopefully people will show up!
So, I still haven't really talked about Erie---it was a gas. John and Gina were the hosting dynamos I remembered (when we arrived at the mansion at 4:30am after the Beer Mug show, I walked in to the kitchen to find Gina making pizza still wearing her coat and hat!) and the recording process was a joy thanks to John's professionalism and easy goingness. I feel really good about what we got accomplished--most importantly(to me)I feel like my opinions and input were taken seriously, which felt good. I also loosened up and sang a bit which was nice. I was being a little shy about it but once I got started I didn't want to stop! We ended up dropping one song which I find very confusing---I basically reasoned with Alan that it is an important enough song that we should save it till I can do it effortlessly. He agreed. This was one of the hilights of the weekend---we went to the liquor store to get some Campari, the official alcohol of Anita Fix and Bambam, but the Erie Liquor store did not carry it. So we settled for the pomegranate. What a delicious consolation prize!
I do need to get a new bottle of Campari though--for next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home