Thursday, February 08, 2007

Well hello there!
I'm almost out of the woods.....just got the trip to Erie this weekend, and then life will be back to blissful normality. Well, as normal as it ever gets around here, I suppose.
So, I got better, eventually, and did a bunch of catering, and my sister came to visit and we went dancing at NEON at Belevederes where Spat obliged me with Depeche Mode and Adam Ant and INXS without me even having to ASK! It was so much fun to go dancing with my sissy....I think we've been trying to go dancing with every visit (me in Boston and her here) for YEARS, and it hasn't ever really worked out. This was perfect. Then Allison got here and we went out for a yummy meal at Kaya, and then Saturday was all about the last minute prep. Oh, and a trip to Monroeville to the Babies R Us to get presents for the new nephew who should be here any day now. That was a trip. There is nothing very intuitive about a baby store, let me just say.
We ate the bread--about half of it got eaten. It's pretty good, but it definitely needs more salt and maybe less whole wheat flour. Made excellent toast, though. Now there is a hard lump of it on top of the fridge because there wasn't much time for bread eating this weekend. Hopefully I can turn it into crumbs or something. I'll start bread #2 when I get back from Erie.
So then Saturday night was the new wave cabaret. It exceeded all my hopes and dreams. Everyone's performances were amazing and everyone was super professional---to the point where we finished about 40 minutes early! I had such a good time dancing and singing along. J* is posting pictures here
If you took pictures, please join the group and post them there too! Also, if you know anyone who might have recorded any portion of the show, please get in touch. The sound from the camera is a little crappy and we'd like to have better sound for the DVD if we can.
Thanks.
I'm not going to go into it any more than that....let the pictures tell the story. I was incredibly happy all night. And I kept thinking---wow, this was easy....we should do this kind of thing all the time! So maybe more cabaret nights are in my future? We'll see.
Sunday we went for breakfast at Ritters and then headed to Dormont for family time. It was really nice...a good meal, and dad got into a mood to tell stories about his air force days. What fun! Sunday evening instead of watching Prince at the Superbowl we ate leftover cake and watched a documentary on transgender people. Ha.
Then Monday morning came way too soon and the sisters had to go. The rest of the week has been a blur. But things are coming together a little bit. Anita Fix and bambam are going to Erie this weekend to play a show on Friday at the ole Beer Mug, and then record with John and Gina. I can't wait! Tried to get a jacuzzi suite but there aren't any available. So it will be a big slumber party at the mansion.
Hope you're all staying warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home