Friday, July 28, 2006

OK, I know I still need to finish off the travelogue, and I WILL do it...maybe tomorrow afternoon when I am soaking up the wireless internet in rebby's back yard.
But for now, I want to talk about Gilby Clarke, and also about delicious food.
Gilby...sigh. I had forgotten to watch Rockstar: Supernova for a couple of weeks, but finally remembered this week. Actually, I wasn't super sure I wanted to watch it, but this week I was trying to catch up on slip tallies so mindless entertainment was in order. I wish I had been more impressed with the singers...the only ones I really could fathom singing for this band are Dilana and Storm. And I think it will be ultra super cool if they pick a rockin chick.
So, let's talk about rockin chicks...and Gilby Clarke. I have always had a sort of secret, not very well defined crush on Gilby because he has beautiful hair and really knows how to rock the 'stache, and also because he is a giant talent. He's friends with Ryan Roxie, so you know he must be a good guy. He was in Guns'n'Roses, which doesn't impress me all that much, but seems to be all anyone wants to talk about. I am much more impressed by his production work, and Candy. I love his bluesy rock stylings. Also, he toured with Nancy Sinatra, and also with Heart. So, this man knows a thing or two about rockin' chicks.
He got on stage to play guitar with contestant Jill, who was singing Brown Sugar by the Stones. She came out in a little shorts outfit and the first thought that came to mind was "Oh! She's trying to be pamela Anderson." Which she then confirmed by trying to grind all over Gilby. Gilby WALKED AWAY. She followed and got all up on him again, and he walked away again.
Then it was time for the judges comments. Gilby basically said how sad it is that a woman with a voice and talent feels she has to use her sexuality to make it in music. She tried to say that she was expressing her "emotions." Whatever. I was just thrilled that Gilby was trying to make a point about how the whole grinding thing really cheapened her performance. Dave Navarro, of course, was all over it.
I didn't plan to watch the elimination show but I am so glad I did. The "conversation" continued. She basically tried to make out like Gilby was being a prude, and said something about how he was used to being on stage with Axl so he didn't get it. Then he really laid it down....he said something about how he had toured with Heart and Ann and Nancy Wilson never felt the need to grind on him to express their emotions. Hooray for Gilby! And, he was somewhat vindicated by the audience vote...although she didn't end up in the bottom three ultimately, she was there for a while. Hopefully she has learned her lesson, and hopefully Gilby will get a little more respect. He is a really cool dude.
Tommy Lee looks too skinny, and I don't really give a damn about Jason. But I will continue to watch...I think this show is WAY more entertaining than the INXS version was.
Heads up: Poison at the Pavillion is on August 11th. that is REALLY SOON! I hope I can actually do it....it's shaping up to be a mad weekend for me. I have a wedding on the 12th, and a more or less firm trip to Krishnaland on the 13th for Krishna's birthday party. Wish me luck! I really want to get Rikki Rocket to the Storm for some scrambled tofu, too.
So, I wanted to talk about delicious food, too....right now, I am enjoying a Sky Bar. Wow! So good! And so varied! The reviewer thought it was too small, but I think it is just right. Just a little taste of each flavor. All good. I found it by accident at the Ekerd just now when I went to buy some hair dye.
Earlier, I had the most awesome breakfast ever. Two pieces of Ryvitta rye crispbread, with ricotta salata, and strawberry jalapeno preserves. Plus good coffee. I am a rockstar. Then, for lunch, a big mixed greens salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella balls, with a light splash of Heinz salad vinegar, and
a super sexy seared yellowfin tuna steak with old colony sauce, garlic salt, and cracked black pepper. For dinner I will probably have a few corn chips with melted cheese on them since I'll be working and I can never manage to eat properly while working at the restaurant. Ain't it just the way. Anyway, two out of three ain't bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home