Friday, April 07, 2006

Ack! The cough is really starting to kick my ass. It just comes up all sudden like, after long periods of feeling totally normal. I am right now kicking back with this. I don't know if it's the alcohol or the Tonka bean, but something is working. Of course, I don't have much left in my bottle, so hopefully it will completely knock the evil cough meanies out of my system by the time I go to bed tonight.
I was intending to bake some chocolate vegan cupcakes tonight, but that ain't happenin. The Roboto kids are going to have to be satisfied with muffins and cookies and veggie wraps which I will lovingly craft for them early in the morning tomorrow. I really had one hell of a work day today! I cranked out a Moroccan sweet potato soup, and Cuban black beans, and stewed green beans with tomatoes and garlic. I also cranked out smashed taters and crumbled soysage and chopped about 5 heads of lettuce and grated 8 carrots and de-seeded and cut 4 cucumbers and diced two onions. (that was prep for the wraps I will be lovingly crafting tomorrow) I did a lot of cleaning and organizing in the walk in. I swept out a few months worth of onion skins from under the onion shelf. In doing so, I found a pretzel. How do you suppose a pretzel ended up in the walk in? It's a mystery.
Anyway, amidst all this work, I was making three, no wait four, orders of QS Homefries for people who showed up late. I was taking the last plate out of the microwave when suddenly the glass plate from the micro slid out and shattered into a gazillion tiny shards, all over the food. It was one of the scariest things ever. I didn't get hurt, and thankfully all the prep items on the counter were covered, so all I had to throw out was the four plates I had just specially made for the late arrivals. Dammit. Anyway, it really pissed me off that the thing shattered into a gazillion shards. Shouldn't something that was MADE to be in a food prep area be a little more resilient? I mean, every other micro plate I've seen break has broken into three or four chunks. This one just fell completely apart all over the place. Weird. There were a lot of other weird accidents today too....not a full moon though, I don't think.
So, I've been entertaining myself with thoughts of going to this. This has everything to do, of course, with the 7 Shot Screamers, but even besides them it looks like a real good time. Well, kinda. I am sure I would feel extraordinarily out of place in a scene like that. But Winston-Salem is a cool place, and who doesn't want to watch a banana puddin eatin contest? Who doesn't want to see Chris Powers mudwrestle? Ha. I have no proof, but I am willing to wager that he is definitely into the mudwrestling.
Last night I made two seemingly incongruous but actually related Amazon purchases: Fitness for Dummies, and Rob Zombie's new album. I suppose if you know me you already know that Rob Zombie is the great motivator---there are few things that can get me moving around at a heart rate increasing clip better than Thunderkiss '65 or Dragula. I just love to think about what a hard time the amazon matching robots are going to have with that combo. "People who liked Rob Zombie and Fitness books also liked.....wait, there are no other people who liked both of those things! You freak!"
Actually, in searching for Rob Zombie, I accidentally came across a book called something like Yoga For Regular Guys by some professional wrestler. Rob apparently wrote the introduction. Fancy that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home