Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Well, I'm feeling a lot better as of this moment in time. This has something to do with the tuna I just seared, I am pretty sure. I marinated the tuna in wasabi, hot pepper sesame oil, lots of garlic, tamari and black pepper. When it hit the smoking hot griddle clouds of noxious fumes flew up into my face, causing the mucous to start flowing copiously. And then, when I was done with the steam treatment, I had the bonus of some delicious tuna! Woohoo! I am hoping that this "wasabi cure" will do the trick and knock the last of the sickness right out of me so I can be ready to hit the gym tomorrow. I have been sitting around my apartment pretending I am on various machines for the last couple of days. My muscles are all excited.
Just saw Rebby out the door for her tranny adventure! The show last night was really fantastic, and more well attended than I had expected. Apparently there is a very active Rainbow Alliance at Pitt these days, and they really brought the kids out. It made me so proud! It also made me feel so OLD, because I could seriously be the parent of a lot of those kids. But the performances were amazing, and everyone just had a great time. I think Rebby is going to get some good material for her documentary out of this trip....all the performers on the road seem to be very well spoken and very eager to tell their stories.
Last night I had a weird stress dream that I woke up in a panic because it was Friday morning and Jilly and I had not decided who would work breakfast(we more or less alternate Friday breakfast/dinner) It was not so much a cause for alarm, though, because my bed was on the sidewalk right next to the Quiet Storm. So I was able to watch Jill pull up in her car and look in the window to see if I was in there. She went in and I follwed a few minutes later (in my PJs) and she said she would do it since she had gotten all the way there. So I went back to bed... but somehow my bed had been moved to right in front of the espresso machine. I knew this was going to make it very difficult for Colin to work and that I was going to have to figure out a way to move it back. Then I woke up. Weird.
It's another loverly day in the neighborhood. I don't know what I will do after work this evening...perhaps laundry! Oh...I have to try to catch Gilmore Girls. I saw a commercial the other day which suggested that Rory is getting married. I gotta see how that turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home