Friday, December 30, 2005

I Kiss the Floor On My Way Down

I'm surviving! It's been a really crazy week..while most people are having time off, I'm working harder than usual! It's okay though. Nothing like ending the year on a high note, financially.
So, the Genders were AMAZING!!! I strongly encourage you to seek them out. They're on myspace, you know. Just straight ahead punk rock and roll, with a lot of humor and a good attitude. They just seemed to be having a blast on stage, and it was infectious despite the really bad turnout. I was surprised that more young people didn't take advantage of the all ages Sci Fi Idols show, but I guess most of the young people were either gone away for the holiday or afraid to come to Garfield. In any case, it was a great night.
Christmas was FINE! I was afraid to go to my dad's house till after the Steeler game, but as they totally ran all over Cleveland all was well. We got drunk and watched James Bond movies. Christmas day I was able to commandeer the TV and watch all 5 hours of VH1's Top 100 One Hit Wonders. It featured William Shatner as the host and Alice Cooper as one of the commentators. I was in heaven. They had a performance clip of DAVID NAUGHTON!!!! Makin it, woah woah woah, I'm makin it. He was the "I'm a Pepper" guy from the old skool Dr Pepper commercial. I had a major crush on him and still have the 45 of the theme song from his TV show, which lasted all of like a month. Also, Nick Gilder. Dad's comment: "he's a weird looking guy" Ha!
Eventually the kids came home and we opened presents and dad did not disappoint with the cash outlay, thus essentially paying for Christmas. I love it. Also got a nice photo from the wedding, some cool fake fur cuffed gloves, jewelrys, candles, and bath products(oh to be a girl) and another copy of GTSYA Alice Cooper. That's okay.
Had a good meal and a great time playing the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit Game, even though my brother crushed the opposition. It's pretty impressive how much he knows about that stuff. Becky and I have plans to one day make a heavy metal trivial pursuit game so we can retire. I feel like now is the time.
Speaking of heavy metal, next Sunday is Metallica Theme Brunch!!!! Woowoo. Don't kill em all....give em some cheesy grits instead!!!!This is going to be fun, and also weird. I love it.
Also speaking of heavy metal, tonight is the last Anita Fix show before Al heads into exile. I hope it is fun. I'm a little nervous about six bands in one night, but hopefully I can relax and have a good time.
Finally, I received my netflix Gothic Industrial Madness video comp. Oh boy! So far all I want to do is watch the Chemlab video over and over because Jared is so fucking incredible. Dancing with a big flourescent tube. There's like 40 videos on this thing, and since I can't get anything new until next month anyway, I'm going to take my time and enjoy it. Right now I'm feelin' Die Krupps and Big Electric Cat, and of course, Throbbing Gristle and Test Dept. Woohoo! Bring on the gothic industrial madness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home