Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day Off Take Two

So, I was humming along nicely with the packing yesterday, grooving out to some records I found on the street the other day. Among them was a copy of this, with which I sang EVERY WORD as I packed away my cookbooks, videos, and record albums. It seems to be the week for digging deep into the wayback machine for me, as I spent all of my brunch prep time wailing along with Barry. Sometimes I wonder what kind of genius I would be if so much of my biological hard drive was not filled up with the lyrics to cheesy 70s ballads. But hey....it makes me unbelievably happy to sing along with Barry and Donny. And I get a lot done.
So anyways, there I was, packing, doing laundry, answering long overdue emails (hi J*!) and putting together a delicious slow cooked dinner of happy pork spare ribs with local organic green beans in spicy tomato sauce---when suddenly the phone rings. Argh. It was the sad tale of one of our cooks messing up his leg in a skateboarding accident, leaving no one to cover his shift but me. So in to work I went at 4:30, leaving the delicious dinner for rebby and making a valiant attempt to contain all the packing mess. I had a decent time at work---it was busy, but I took care of a bunch of stuff and got to chat with one of my favorite baristas with whom I NEVER work anymore. However---I have been really unsuccessful at recapturing the groove today. I went for a walk to get some quarters and some lunch and a few things at the dollar store, and now I am just tired. But I have the DESIRE to do more, just not the WILL. Classic tale, no?
I'm hoping this evening we can go check out the convent furniture(I saw a craigslist post about a local convent that bought all new furniture for the nuns, so they are selling their old bedroom stuff for cheap!) maybe track down a washer and dryer, and possibly take a load of stuff over to the house. We'll see how rebby feels after her workday. Wish me luck getting back on the packing horse!
Oh! And if you happen to be in pittsburgh with nothing to do for the 4th, anita fix and bambam is playing at a bbq in the woods above fifth avenue. Send me a message if you want details. Should be a weird time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home