Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hi.
I'm still here...chugging along, trying to keep on ploughing through. I'ts been a wild ride for the past week, and I am OFFICIALLY READY FOR MARCH TO BE OVER. Sorry, still a week or so to go.
Actually, this upcoming week is actually fruition week so hopefully I will be able to enjoy the fruits of my labors for the preceeding month. (that's what fruition means, don'tchaknow!) Today I think we are REALLY going to check out the new Costco--this trip has been postponed three times for one reason or another, but I think today is really going to work. I'm psyched. I've got a list of things I personally want to look for for the kitchen. At the top of the list are a couple nice knives and another smallish stockpot. It's the simple pleasures, really. Saturday is the baby shower, and I am looking forward to seeing "grandma Helen" for the first time in YEARS! I can't even guess how many years...could be as many as 15. Wow. I have been warned that she looks like a little old lady but....she has every right to.
After the shower comes the show at earthstone with nicole reynolds, about whom I think I've raved in these pages before. She is a tiny lesbian bob dylan. Who lives on an organic goat farm and flirts with german farm girls. I *heart* her so much! Also looking forward to hearing Madeline for the first time, and of course the locals. It will be such a nice chill show in a nice chill space.
Sunday I am going to have a super secret meeting. I cannot tell you what this meeting is about, but I am equal parts excited and terrified. It could lead to a MAJOR STEP. Eek. I think I'm ready...just need to get rid of a whole lot more clutter. Perhaps I've said too much.
Sunday night...John Waters. Yep! Though I have personally seen him careening around P-Town on his bike with a bottle of champagne in the flower basket on the front and a weaving and bobbing Gus Van Sant by his side...I am still excited to hear him give a lecture at CMU. 7pm, only $3. What a steal!
Monday we go to the restaurant expo, local edition. The restaurant expo is sort of laughable for us as we don't serve alcohol or pre packaged fried cheese, but it's fun to stumble around and look at things and taste stuff. Though I have to say that being out of the high fructose corn syrup game will make my trip a lot less fun. Still, it's always nice to drool over POS systems and maybe I can pick up some chef pants or something.
Thursday we have an actual GALLERY SHOW to cater...man, it's been a long time! I'm psyched. Friday Anita Fix and Bambam plays with Impossible Shapes at Garfart. We might also play before that at the gallery in Braddock, but I still havent heard any details. Hmm. Saturday rebby and I are going to a local food conference where I will get to listen to organic farmers and local chefs talk about local food economies and sustainability and all that jazz. I wish I could be in two places at once so I could also hear this guy speak, but unfortunately he is doing his thing at the same time as the famers and I don't want to miss them. I ordered his book though, cuz it looks really interesting to me. I'm always sort of keeping my eye open for diet schemes that seem to make sense. Most of them don't really make sense to me, but eating lots of whole foods does. So we'll see. I'll report back. I also just really like the looks of the guy's face and he seems sincere and not like a huckster.
SO that's going forward. I realize that I have not talked about anything I've actually DONE in March, like seeing Gito Gito Hustler and the Hi Watt Hex, or seeing Michael Pollan speak at the Carnegie, or going to the Visitors Bureau Mixer at the super pimpy bed and breakfast on the north side, or Lidias, or Irish Brunch, or the show. Hmm. Maybe later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

Busy lady that you are! Is the Super Secret Meeting on Sunday about the secret you shared with me?! Exciting...even if it's a secret I don't know! Hee.

Always happy to get an update from you. Just call me STRESSED. Talk about dealing with clutter. Oy!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home