Tuesday, March 13, 2007

For some reason, I am having a really difficult time getting myself organized this year. I wonder if it has to do with spending new year's day sitting on rebby's couch in my pajamas watching movies? I just feel like I am constantly trying to catch up.
March is flying past me at breakneck speed, and I am clutching on to my datebook for dear life. It's chock full of stuff (however, I realized to my horror this morning that it doesn't actually have everything I need to do this month written down---I need to catch up on that too!) and I am very liable to forgetting if I don't look at the physical evidence every day.
OH CRAP! Speaking of forgetting---I forgot to return the movies to Blockbuster that were due yesterday. I never even got around to watching The Ciderhouse Rules. Dammit.
Anyway, today is one of those chockfull days....I have to get myself off to work in a minute for breakfast shift, wherein I will also be training the new kitchen chick who seems totally rocking and awesome. She actually has PRIOR VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE. Swoon. Hopefully somewhere in there I can do a round of slip tallies as well...I am woefully behind. Just behind to the begining of March, but we've had some really big days in March which means a really big pile of slip tallies. Argh.
After that I am going to rush home and return those damn movies, then try to get some laundry in and some dishes washed, and then Jilly is going to come and pick me up and we are going to go to the new Costco to check it out. We'll also have a little admin meeting hopefully over frosty beverages. Maybe somewhere in the waterfront we will be able to sit outside with frosty beverages as it is supposed to be 69 degrees today! Then, after that, back home to throw some more laundry in, maybe do some dishes, and then back to the restaurant for a 7pm meeting with our vegan cake baker. That should be fun. We are planning an all vegan wedding reception and they want hella pastries.
Hopefully sometime in the next couple days I can manage to see J*(of course, I need to email her first!) and then the whirlwind weekend is upon me....possibly a dinner at Lidias where Lidia will talk about using all the meat parts( that is a very unglamourous way of saying what she is going to be talking about, but that's basically what it is) and then Saturday I will be locked in the kitchen peeling potatoes, and then Sunday is the Irish brunch. AND THEN after the Irish brunch I have a show at Belvederes. Holy Crap. Monday I will collapse in a heap. Seriously.
I'll leave you with this final note....I seriously love Trent Reznor. I don't care what anybody says. I know it's not HIP or COOL but I am totally sucked in to this new Year Zero thing(sorry, I don't have time to make links this morning) And the songs I've heard from the new album so far are fantastic. And the video is hot.
I just love him. Of course, I do like to pretend that he still looks like he did in 1992, but otherwise....heart heart heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home