Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ha!
Did you put money on whether or not we would actually go to Costco? I'm glad I didn't, because I was convinced it was really going to happen this time and of course it didn't. Which ended up being fine....I got the rest of my inbox cleaned out and vacuumed the living room and did some dishes and walked to WholeFoods for supplies. I was out of Champion Chicks eggs, and I just can't bring myself to buy any other eggs any more. They really are so much better. All big and brown and not uniform and unclassified. I love it.
Friday morning I woke up with a headache and that put me into a cranky mood, so I hustled through breakfast and then headed home around 1:30pm. (I wanted to hang around till the other HBICs came back from a shopping trip because there were some guys putting lots of holes in our ceiling for work the apartment upstairs, and I thought it was a good idea to have someone keeping an eye on them. They were nice enough, but if something went horribly awry it could get ugly, what with it being lunch time and all)
Anyways, I came home and took a nap and then when rebby got off work we headed to Lot 17 for salads. I was in the chicken mood, so I got the highly recommended Lot 17 with chicken. Delish. Magic Hat #9 also delish. It was horrifying in there at 7pm on a Friday night though....I just really don't get how people think it's alright to stand right in front of the door with a sloshing pint of beer and not move when someone is trying to get in. Stupid Americans. The dining room was perfectly cozy, though.
So then we ventured out to Belvederes for the strange rock show. I was hesitant but it was free, and I was sort of in the mood to see some rock. Plus, I hadn't seen Fangs of the Panda in a long time and I wanted to check out Ludlow. The other two acts were of no interest to me but there was no way to know what the lineup would be so we got there at about 9:45 hoping for the best (according to the flyer, the show started at 9pm) Well, as you might guess, no one had really even begun setting up yet. The ever patient Vulture had already left to go get the PA (I don't know why he doesn't just ALWAYS bring his PA---I know I've never seen Fangs play a show where he didn't have to run home to get something or other) and everyone was tense and edgy.
Telecorps was sort of leisurely setting up, apparently pissed off that they were being asked to play first. Fangs was originally supposed to play second, but had somehow been bumped to last. I was not amused. I chatted with some folks for a while and drank some wolavers organic brown, but I was feeling a little like bailing. Then as a peace offering to a really frazzled Vulture, Fangs was changed from last to third, which gave me a little hope. Telecorps finally finished setting up and I headed into the front bar. No need really to be in the same room with that noise.
Had some more beers, chatted some more, and then Ludlow started and I got a wind and figured I could stick it out.
Oh goodness! Ludlow blew my mind. The one two punch of Dan and Jeff is one of my favorite things about Pittsburgh music EVER, and they really deliver. Chris is a solid and exciting drummer and they all three trade off vocals. I was getting shivers down my spine and grinning from ear to ear and bopping up and down. Just pure, drunken, sloppy musical happiness! I got a CD. I can't wait to listen to it.
Fangs were completely awesome as well despite the fact that one of the PA speakers blew halfway into their second song. No big deal, they got it switched out in about 3 minutes and all was rock. Seriously, Vulture deserves a fucking MEDAL for that show last night. Pittsburgh is lucky to have him around.
The minute Fangs were done (after collecting smiles and high fives and hugs and a CD!) we beat it out of there. I'm exhausted after about 4 hours of sleep, and possibly still slightly drunk. The perfect state of mind for a BABY SHOWER, no?

1 Comments:

Blogger madorange said...

I am glad that you finally got to see Ludlow! I've only seen them once and they blew my mind. Awesome. Hills did the CD recording.

Have fun at the baby shower!!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home