Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yesterday was a good, good day. I spent most of it getting the kitchen storage organized, and a lot of it downloading things from emusic to use up my 30 downloads before they expire. In the process, I made a couple of really awesome discoveries--most awesome is meg lee chin. Even her website is super cool! I was sort of aware of her as she does this amazing song called "Nutopia" on the Pigface album A New High In Low. But I hadn't explored past that. Then she sent me a friend request on myspace, so I thought I should check her out. WOW WOW WOW. It was all I could do not to use up ALL my remaining credits on her. But I used some restraint. I'll get the rest in February. Her music is somewhere between industrial and electronica, and her vocals are just mind blowing. As are her lyrics. Wow. One of my biggest problems in life is that when I am REALLY excited about something I am unable to express it in language. So take that WOW as a really strong recommendation!
I also got some stuff from the X UNCLOGGED accoustic album they did in 1995. And this really cool, very powerful spoken word sort of thing called "Aliens" that Exene did with the Red Aunts. And some stuff off of an album called Twisted Wille with Willie Nelson covers, including Johnny Cash with Alice in Chains doing Time of the Preacher. It doesn't get much better than that, I can assure you.
I've figured out my best emusic strategy is to go through it by label. It's a music service that concentrates on independent labels, so I'm never going to get the David Bowies or the Led Zeppelins, but I can go through everything on Invisible or Kill Rock Stars and work it that way. So it's all good.
In the evening we had a meeting with a wedding client for September...the wedding is going to be out on a farm in Clinton Pa. Only the farm actually contains an art gallery building with what sounds like a state of the art kitchen. And, this couple has quite the impressive budget. Swoon. Plus, they were really fun and nice. We're really lucky that we haven't had too many incidences of crazy clients. Sometimes the parents can get to be a little much, but for the most part the actual couples have all been delightful. Makes my job all the more pleasant.
In New Wave Cabaret news, I've got almost all of the song lists in, and I am pleased to report that INXS and Adam Ant are tied for most represented. I'm kinda bummed that my Love and Rockets and Gene Loves Jezebel promises fell through, but a night full of INXS and Adam Ant will make up for it. I'm hoping to get the flyer today, and then it's time to let the media blitz begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home