Tuesday, January 16, 2007

YAY! I get to do my first freecycle gifting today! A teacher of 9th graders was looking for binders to help her class get organized. I just happen to have a box of 6 binders I've been holding on to since I left the bookstore, thinking one day I would need to organize a bunch of papers. I tend to use manilla folders now and file things away in the cabinet, so the binders have really been taking up space. Now they can be put to good use. Woohoo! Plus, the teacher teaches only a block away from the Quiet Storm and comes in for coffee all the time. So it's a super local thing. I'm hoping to spend part of my day off tomorrow making a big list to post of kitchen stuff to offer. I've got a lot of things in the closet that I haven't looked at in over a year. Really don't need to carry them around any longer...
Aside from the freecycle hookup, yesterday I got the ball really rolling on the new wave cabaret posters. Turns out when I sent the stuff to my new wave darling last week he never got it. Drat. But, it turns out that it's all good because a couple more bands have dropped off, and a couple new bands might be taking their place. So posters made last week would have been full of incorrect information, and I hate that. I guess the internet was doing me a favor.
Had a nice busy morning at the Storm....we put the new prep regime into effect this week and I am very curious to see how it will pan out. Yesterday was a really busy lunch, as Monday holiday lunches tend to be, so I will probably need to make a bunch of stuff to get us up to speed for the schedule. I'm ready! And today is my muffin day also. I'm thinking some pineapple upsidedown muffins....yum. I cranked out cabbage rolls for supper last night, and some zucchini fries. There are some days when I just can't quit making stuff!
Once I finally got myself out of there, I hurried home to freshen up and then went out to meet J* for some beers and conversation. We also had awesome gigantic grilled salmon salads. Lot 17 really goes the distance with the salmon on the salads...it was a bigger piece than I might cook for myself! But I ate it all, and all the greens and little orange pieces too. Yummy. I have noticed a trend though....all the dinner salads in pittsburgh seem to be getting smaller in terms of the lettuce. It almost seems like there was a memo or something. I don't really understand the economics of putting less lettuce and more salmon on a salad, but hey---what do I know. The same thing happened to the dinner salad I had at Sharp Edge a week or so ago....hardly any lettuce, and a whole steak on there. MY perspective is if I wanted a steak I would order a steak, but if I want a salad I am looking for a big pile of greenage. But I guess others don't think that way, and it's more of a disguise for ordering a steak?
Anyhow, it was great to see J* and catch up on things, and she bestowed upon me a giant bag full of presents! I can't even remember all the stuff in there, but I know there was a handmade dishrag with a bat on it, and a framed matted photo of Anita Fix and Bambam that I just adore. It's really nice to have crafty/arty friends...you end up getting really unique and meaningful gifts. I am a lucky girl!

1 Comments:

Blogger madorange said...

Snow! Yea! It was great to see you last night. And thanks for the book. I LOVE IT! x o

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home