Sunday, January 14, 2007

Maybe it's hormones, but wow, I just caught most of this and I was crying out loud during the part about the lady who was reunited with her chimpanzee friends, and the guy who took care of the elephant for 25 years at the zoo and then got to take her to the sanctuary where she could be reunited with another elephant she had known from the circus. Seriously, waaaaaaaaaah, crying. There was other awesome stuff too that did not make me cry, like the footage of a seahorse giving birth, and the guy who got to see the moth that Charles Darwin had theorized about. I heart PBS, bigtime.
Speaking of things I heart, check out nicole reynolds. I saw her on Friday night at this amazing queer variety show in a little cafe in point breeze called earthstone. It's new and sweet and you should stop in for a coffee the next time you are headed to the co-op. Anyway, this queer variety show: there was smells like gina, a trio of highschool punk rock dykes who tore it up, and Colelea, a slam poet who really, and I mean REALLY, blew me away with her words and her style(I can't believe I've never seen her before!) and Nicole, who had me on the edge of weeping with her songs about seducing farm girls and the end of relationships and the war, and her stories about living on an organic goat and sheep farm!, and there was Katz also known as the Athens Boys Choir, a tranny performance poet boy who was just awesome and also very sweet, and Amy Kasio and Team Gina, dancing and singing with projections....such a great night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home