Wednesday, January 17, 2007

OH my goodness gosh!
Michael Pollan is coming to speak in Pittsburgh in March! And, because my wonderful sissy got me a membership to SlowFood for a holiday present, I get a 10% discount on tickets! Woohoo! I am really excited by this.
I still haven't finished the book, but it has already completely changed the way I think about food. And as you know if you've been paying attention....I think about food a LOT.
I am hoping to be able to go to the SlowFood Pittsburgh dinner next Tuesday to hear from people who went to the big SlowFood international meeting this summer. And also to meet the members of the group. I'll keep you posted.
Freecycling of the kitchen is going well so far...I dug everything out of my akward cupboard and set aside the things I never use (and don't really plan to in the next few months) I am keeping the tortilla press, though, even though I've never used it. I really need to make my own tortillas because I eat them a lot and all the ones I have been able to find are either super expensive or full of gunk. I am also keeping the bamboo steamer because I really NEED to start using it. I put it in a new spot in easy reach so hopefully that will inspire me to pull it out when I am making dinner. Roasting is great for the chilly weather, but once spring is here it's gonna be time to start the steaming.
Speaking of spring, it's time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home