Monday, January 22, 2007

Well now. So far 40 feels just fine.
I worked brunch on my birthday---sold out of the potato and soysage enchiladas in chipotle mole and the strawberries and cream french toast---and got lots of compliments and birthday wishes. Then, I had a NAP, while my wonderful girlfriend made my birthday dinner. Marinated and sauteed skirt steak, steamed broccoli and dinosaur kale with garlic butter, crescent rolls, and roasted sweet potatoes and apples (which we didn't actually get to eat because they weren't done cooking. but, what nice leftovers!) We drank my xmas present bottle of vampire merlot, and then it was time for THE BEST BIRTHDAY CAKE IN THE WORLD. I even have plenty of the BEST BIRTHDAY CAKE IN THE WORLD left over, so that I was able to have a slice for breakfast today. And so I shall for the next few days.....amen.
The birthday celebrations continue...tonight Jilly is taking me for a pimptastic dinner at Eleven; tomorrow is my first Slow Food event at Il Piccolo Forno; next week the sisters arrive and we will feast and dance and then have the new wave cabaret to end all new wave cabarets(well, hopefully it won't actually end all new wave cabarets!)
Also, I got the updated expanded version of On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee as a long distance birthday present from my red headed wonderpriest. Life is SUPER GOOD!
xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger madorange said...

Yay! Glad you had a fab day. Wherever did you find skirt steak?! My sis makes a great skirt steak, but I've never been able to find that cut here!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home