Saturday, December 02, 2006

Last night, I got to dance in a beautiful room to Black Planet by Sisters of Mercy.
I sipped on three delicious brandy alexanders and chatted with some awesome people I should really hang out with more, and flirted a tiny bit with the gorgeous gothy dj boy, (it was hard to flirt much with him because of the way the place is set up--he is across an expanse of empty space on his own little balcony, framed exquisitely by a giant window with red velvet curtains and two extremely baroque bronze cherubs)
and got to watch a little bit of Pee Wee's Playhouse on the TV monitors over the (non-functioning) upstairs bar. It was the dj boy's birthday, and when I went down to get my third drink one of the restaurant owners was bringing him a piece of carrot cake with a candle. That was sweet.
The crowd--not very impressive. There were several people who were "dressed up" to be at an alternative dance night, but they weren't dancing. There were a couple of young ladies who danced a couple of times, but mostly it was just me and Whiskey Daisy up there. And even we didn't get up there until 1am when the gorgeous dj boy played "Never Let Me Down Again."
I DEFINITELY want to go back. I want to go back with people who dance. The dj boy posts his set lists on his myspace page so when he does that I will include some hilights here to entice you. Maybe you will want to come alternative dancing with me next time?
Apparently, he is one of the djs for ceremony as well. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home