Tuesday, November 14, 2006

New favorite thing to do:
play spider solitaire over and over while the Skid Row Cd plays on repeat.

I swear, I have listened to it enough now that I love it completely non-ironically. Sebastian really does have some pipes on him, and some of these Rachel Bolan grooves are super---groovy. I know I should be ashamed, but I think I might be ready to proclaim my love for Skid Row proudly.
Getting ready to start digging through boxes for some envelopes for LUPEC party invitations. I found the perfect envelopes when I was digging through boxes a few weeks ago but like a TARD I put them back into the melee. I'm two days behind schedule on getting the invites out, but hopefully everyone will find them worth the wait. I am pretty proud of myself.

Yesterday I stayed in for most of the day...doing dishes, slip tallies, watching Martha Stewart and Ellen load a dishwasher(bizarre!) and playing spider solitaire and listening to Skid Row. I finally got out of the house at about 4pm to get down to the farmer's market. My secret farmboy pirate lover did not help me, as he was busy dealing with giant bags of potatoes and bushels of kale and collards. However, he did nod and smile when I passed him by. Swoon. Then I got to watch him carry 100 pounds of potatoes on his shoulders (50 pounds each!) across the parking lot for a couple of old ladies. Sweet. Then I got on the 64A and took myself to the movies!
I decided to continue my Maggie Gyllenhaal Film Festival by going to see Stranger Than Fiction. I LOVED it! It's real weird. Some of my all time favorite actors (Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson, and of course Maggie as an anarchist baker!!!) and even Will Ferrel didn't annoy me that much. He did alright as a straight man. I think you can probably wait till it comes out on DVD to see it...I'm sure it won't be long. Despite the "star power", I think it's going to be a real sleeper of a movie. But I highly recommend it to everyone I know. There was only me and one couple in the theater...we all three laughed out loud a lot, and oddly it was often at different moments. I like going to the movies by myself....I had forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home