Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Woohoo!
It's 5:30 the night before thanksgiving and I am getting totally trashed on a ritter sport bar with rum, raisins and hazelnuts. Seriously, this thing is potent! To be fair, I am also sipping on a little glass of mateus, but for the most part it's the candy that has me feeling all woozy. It's a good feeling. I've got some rock and roll blasting (it's something on the rock home of stockholm but I'm not sure what) and I'm gearing up to start doing some pre holiday cooking. Tonight I plan to make a butternut squash pie, get started on the stuffing, and make some delicious sounding brussels sprouts with bacon, apple, onions and balsamic glaze. Oh yes.
OK, it was the supersuckers. Now the cute little blonde swede is playing Closer. Only it's not live---this is the third go round of the day's programs. I caught the tail end of the second go round of Roxie's show and...eep..he dedicated Wolfmother to me! I'm sure my chatroom buddies put him up to it, but still...sigh. You better believe I'll be listening to the third go round again....
It's been a rollercoaster of days since I last wrote. Monday I took rebby with me for the final farmer's market of the season. Pirate Pete was not looking especially pirate-ish because it was cold and he was all bundled up, but he was still cute. I bought a bunch of brussels sprouts and onions from him and got a bonus butternut squash. Rebby stocked up on a bunch of stuff and then we headed over to the Whole Foods to get a roast for dinner. I left her outside with the parcels while I braved it....she is just not a big fan of grocery stores in general, and certainly not the madhouse of Whole Foods the week of thanksgiving. I got a nice roast and some veggies to go with it, and then we headed home to cook it up. It was delish, although it took longer than we wanted so we ended up throwing it in the oven instead of using the crock pot. Still good!
Yesterday I went into work only to find out that Jilly thought she was working for me...d'oh! I ended up staying so she could do some things at home to get ready for the big day. Did a bunch of prep and had a busyish breakfast and then made some ratatouille for a supper special. And got out EARLY! Woohoo. Mostly did dishes and internet yesterday, and then watched Pink Narcissus. Wow, that was a mindblower. It's gorgeous and very surreal. I definitely want to watch it again before I send it back. There is an amazing scene where the boy is being a male harem dancer and his weiner is bobbing around tangled in scarves and pearls....it teeters on the edge of being funny (because bobbing weiners are ALWAYS funny) but it really is beautifully shot.
This morning was another super busy and roxie-less breakfast for me. It got real slow after breakfast so I ended up leaving early again and headed to the grocery store for some last minute cranberries (oh snap! I gotta make the cranberry relish too!) and crescent rolls and gjetost. I've gotten myself addicted to the Norwegian ski queen again. Pass the finncrisp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home