Monday, November 20, 2006

Out on my street, HOLLYWOOD MAGIC! is happening. Earlier I got to watch out my window as cameras and gels and lights were unloaded from giant trucks. I am yet to see any ACTION, but these things take a thousand hours from what I'm told. Still, it's kind of exciting. I wish it was Ian McKellen instead of Dennis Quaid who was going to be on my street, because then I could totally take advantage of my position. But I really could not care less about Dennis Quaid, or even SJP, for that matter. Ho hum.
I had a weekend packed with the good and the bad. Yesterday was my LUPEC party, and it was real nice. It was sort of an ordeal to cook dinner and make cocktails for 6 people in my tiny kitchen, but I managed. What I did NOT manage to do is buy more dish soap when I was at the store yesterday, so most of the dishes are still piled on the stove. Dangit. The house is super clean now which I hope to take advantage of in a big way by not filling it up with crap. We'll see. The refrigerator is full of bottles of mixers which should come in handy for thanksgiving day. Hopefully I can foist the Ouzo off on someone, though I have to say that the Hairy Armpit was my favorite drink of the night. Ouzo and unsweetened grapefruit juice...whaddya know? While getting ready for the party I was listening to Sweet Honey In the Rock and it really put me into a nice mood. I had a lot of other music planned for the evening but my living room is so small that someone was sitting in front of the stereo and I didn't want to make her move. So the end of the night was sort of silent.
I didn't get to do all the grand things I had planned for the party because Saturday morning I woke up with MIGRAINE! Gross! I felt super ick when I woke up, and it was that kind of ick where I thought if I take pills for the headache I will DEFINITELY vomit. So I didn't take any pills, but vomited anyway. Ew. It was definitely hormonally based, and I am not at all psyched about the possibility that I am going to have to deal with that on a monthly basis again. So I am once again going to commit myself to a healthy lifestyle. We'll see how long that lasts. Instead of doing a lot of shopping and prepping, I crashed on rebby's couch and watched Hedwig. Around 5ish I felt like I could maybe eat and we went to Dunnings where I had a steak salad. It was good, but I still felt weird and spacy. We did stop at the co-op so I could get some veg broth powder and soy whip! for the quizzle, and then came home and watched The Gospel According to St Matthew by Passolini. It was pretty intense, but weirdly overdubbed. I really like the look of his films....the two I've seen anyway are really "blown out" looking. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Friday I worked the dinner shift and got all stressed out. I think I am just out of practice on the dinner shift, but it always makes me cranky. I guess I feel like everything is hurtling off the cliff at that point and if I don't solve all the problems everything will fall apart. It's not really like that, but I somehow give myself an inflated sense of importance. I need to learn to just relax and do what I can.
Finally talked on the phone to my sissy last night....she has an exciting possibility before her that I am crossing my fingers and toes will happen. I think the fact that Will and Grace was on the TV when she was telling me about it is a good omen. Let's hope!
OK, I've got a lot of slip tallies to catch up on, and I have to figure out when we can get a tempeh delivery. And Sebastian is crooning to me. I shouldn't ignore him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home