Wednesday, November 29, 2006

We crossed the line
Who pushed who over?
It doesnt matter to you
It matters to me

We're cut adrift
But still floating
Im only hanging on
To watch you go down...my love

I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted
It wasnt what you wanted

The men who love you, you hate the most
They pass through you like a ghost
They look for you but your spirit is in the air
Baby...youre nowhere

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
Youre so cruel

Desparation is a tender trap
It gets you every time
You put your lips to her lips
To stop the lies

Her skin is pale like gods only dove
Screams like an angel for your love
Then she makes you watch her from above
And you need her like a drug

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
Youre so cruel

She wears my love
Like a see-through dress
Her lips say one thing
Her movements something else
Oh love
Like a screaming flower
Love
Dying every hour

And you dont know if its fear or desire
Danger of a drug that takes you higher?
Head of heaven
Fingers in the mire

Her heart is racing... you cant keep up
The night is bleeding like a cut
Between the horses of love and lust
You are trampled underfoot

You say in love there are no rules
Sweetheart
Youre so cruel

To stay with you Id be a fool
Sweetheart
Youre so cruel.


Say what you will.....achtung baby is a fucking masterpiece. I can't even begin to pick a favorite song on this album. This one is the one that's playing right now and so I picked these lyrics but it could just as easily be any of them.
I stumbled upon a video compilation from this album and tour at the goodwill for $1.99 today. It was certainly a dollar ninety nine well spent.
This is probably the U-2 album I would pick for my desert island discs---I was super down with the political U-2 from the 80s, but this more personal statement is the one that sticks with me.
What's your favorite?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home