Saturday, August 19, 2006


You are the Devil card. The Devil is based on the figure Pan, Lord of the Dance. The earthy physicality of the devil breeds lust. The devil's call to return to primal instincts often creates conflict in a society in which many of these instincts must be kept under control. Challenges posed by our physical bodies can be overcome by strength in the mental, emotional, and spiritual realms. Pan is also a symbol of enjoyment and rules our material creativity. The devil knows physical pleasure and how to manipulate the physical world. Material creativity finds its output in such things as dance, pottery, gardening, and sex. The self-actualized person is able to accept the sensuality and usefulness of the devil's gifts while remaining in control of any darker urges. Image from The Stone Tarot deck. http://hometown.aol.com/newtarotdeck/
Take this quiz!



I am honestly surprised at this result! Sure, I'm INTO the devil card, but I never thought I was so much IDENTIFIED with it. I always thought of myself as an Empress type. But hey. Must be all the metal I've been listening to.

Speaking of the metal and the devil, I got The Number of the Beast on CD at the used store in Oakland on Monday. It really is a fantastic album. I was sort of scared to buy any Maiden albums myself because I'm not into the Eddie covers. But I really like listening to Maiden, and of course old dodgey Bruce is in my metal top three. (currently at the bottom, if you are wondering.) There's a song on it called "Invaders" that sounds so very much like the Judas Priest song "Invader" that I just have to laugh when I hear it, and also a song about a prostitute that I don't much care for. But, it's got the big heavies..."Run to the Hills", "Number of the Beast" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name." Certainly worth the $7.99 investment, plus it is a reissue with some bonus computer material I haven't looked at yet and some really cute pictures of the band through the years.

So, I've been going to Blockbuster a lot in the last week...mostly to catch up on my Margaret Cho watching, and to pass the time when I am not working but have no energy or drive to do anything else and don't want to sit in my computer chair playing bubbels. I watched the Todd Haynes weird flick Safe, I watched Rockstar last night, and earlier today I watched One Crazy Summer on the recommendation of one of the baristas and this weird dude who likes to hang out at the QS and bust in on our conversations. Can't say I LOVED any of them, but they were all okay. This evening I watched a documentary that raised my ire...Tying the Knot about gay marriage. I try not to be reductionist as a general rule, but this film left me with a seething rage for straight people. That's not really fair, because even the documentary itself is full of very supportive and rational straight people, but it also had plenty of quotes from dimwitted fucktards that had me beating my couch and screaming. And of course, when I say straight people, I mean straight AMERICANS. I think it is very important that every person in the country sees this film. It's probably fair to say that it is a little emotionally manipulative, but the stories it tells are real stories and probably only representative of countless others who have been screwed over financially after the death of their life partners. I cried for an hour after I was done watching it. Sometimes Christians make me cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home