Friday, May 26, 2006

Wow!
Just woke up from a very weird dream involving Rob Halford. I had gone to "80s Night" (though it wasn't in the Upstage, and wasn't very much like 80s Night at all) with Becky, and it was my birthday. We sat down at a table and my old assistant manager came in dressed very uncharacteristically in all light colors. He had a book of puzzles of some kind which he had brought with him to "pass the time."
So eventually Rob Halford comes in and there is some sort of contest to "hang out" with him. Or something. Someone tells him it's my birthday and he decides that I should win the contest, so he comes over to me and pulls me up out of my chair, and puts his arms around me while the bar sings happy birthday. As we're standing there he starts pulling me closer and closer and petting my hair. When the singing is over he asks my former assistant if I am his wife, and he replies that I was once. I seem to be made speechless by the fact that Rob Halford is sort of pushing his leather clad thigh between my legs, so I don't say anything about Becky (although in the dream I am thinking that maybe it would make both of us feel better if he knew I had a girlfriend) So then Rob Halford takes me into this back room where there is a bed, and we lay down on it but nothing happens, he just holds me against him and tells me that I am so very lovely it makes him feel strange. I do notice, however, that he has a raging erection which is poking very uncomfortably into my hip. Suddenly he tells me that his leg has fallen asleep, so I get up and he peels off his pant leg to reveal that his leg is sort of withered and has all kinds of pins and braces on it. I was kind of disturbed but still did what I could to rub it and get the blood flowing. And that was the end of the Rob Halford portion of the dream.
I wonder what it could all mean? I woke up sort of startled but very quickly started laughing at my strange subconscious.
Today I work lunch-dinner so I get to spend the morning trying to catch up on housework. I've got laundry to put away, and dishes to wash and trash to take out. Bigtime. I've also got lots and lots of slip tallying to do, but I don't know that I will get into that this morning. This has been a very weird week. I've been feeling a little off kilter, and I think it has to do with the fact that I wasn't able to get to the labyrinth on Monday because I had to run into the restaurant to cover for a very sick lunch cook. It just threw me off balance. I had a very good workout on Tuesday, but felt sort of weird and spacey after it instead of energized. Then Wednesday morning my ankle was killing me all morning, and by the afternoon my ankle and my knee were conspiring against me. So I blew off my dance class, and went early to my friend's birthday party where I drank many pints of Guinness and smoked some cigarettes. And indulged in cake. It was really, really fun, but by the end I was thinking "this week is definitely an off the bandwagon kind of week." To confirm that, I felt like a dog's breakfast yesterday morning, and instead of going to the gym after work I went directly to bed. Got up in time to eat a gyro from Quaker Steak and Lube (what?!?!) and meet with my dear friend from Germany and another friend of hers I haven't seen in YEARS, and Jennie. It was a great time. Nothing quite like spending a couple of hours with really brilliant funny women to perk up the spirits.
That brings me up to date. Tomorrow I am very very excited to go to the Krishna temple and see the new deity of Garuda, Lord Vishnu's transport. Jeffy and his Tori Amos lookalike girlfriend are organizing the trip. He has never been there before and is super excited. Hopefully the weather will be great so we can go walk around the gardens. Tomorrow evening is the opening of the Downtown Show at the Warhol, with Richard Hell and Jayne County. That should be really good. Then Sunday I am on brunch, and if I get my way I will get to see XMen after brunch. I cannot wait to get an eyeful of Magneto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home