Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's a deliciously scented Sunday morning...happy mother's day to all the mothers!
I'm stretching and yawning and listening to Groove Armada, after already having had coffee and pancakes and watching some Aqua Teens and doing a lot of computering. (sheesh! that sentence was hard to tense. I'm not sure it's correct even now) Including finding Peter from Mace on myspace! I was so excited. I think about him an awful lot and it is nice to know that he is still doing alot of creative things musically, in addition to being the soundguy at the Club Cafe.
So anyways, it occurred to me a few minutes ago that I might have to work today...and it turns out I do. So no lazy afternoon with occasional bouts of housework for me! I gotta maximize my time and save my energy for 3pm. It's been a bangup weekend so far at the Quiz, so I need to be on top of my game. I think I'll eat a salad and maybe do the dishes, and save the rest of the housework for tomorrow.
The samosas turned out great, although they were a supergiant pain in the ass. Or more precisely, in the lower back. I really need to get myself some sort of stool so I can sit when I am doing work like that. I worked all the way through Brutally Live, Born to Boogie, and the Rob Zombie video compilation. Got to sleep at about 1am.
I woke up at 6:30 as usual and a million things were going through my mind, so I went ahead and got out of bed. Around 9 rebby took me up to the QS where I smoked a rollie and ate some of a VERY stale brownie. Ugh. I got most of the stuff for the wedding packed up, cut up my apples and made lime crema for the black bean cakes. Les got there and we loaded up everything and then had to stop at Jilly's to get the labels. So we got to the site technically "late", although as the time table of the events was completely different from what we had previously arranged, it was fine. We unloaded all the stuff and then I got to work getting the table skirts secured and water chilled. Leslie went to town traying up the crudites and finger foods. We really banged the stuff out quickly, which was good because the wedding was done at least 20 minutes early. We weren't QUITE ready when people started to pour through the door, due in large part to the SEVEN Whole Foods Cakes we had to remove from their boxes and display attractively in addition to all our stuff. We ran out of room and I had to crawl into the back to get another small table for the plates and napkins and forks. That was just the ticket, because it also kept people from coming around to the other side of the tables where we were hiding stuff. We worked out a really good system that made it not quite so terrible to have to go out of the room and across the courtyard and down a hallway to get to the kitchen. Soon enough there was nothing to do but watch the tables and refill the bucket with the water bottles and keep the punch cold. And also listen to all the delighted comments of the vegetarians, who were so thrilled to be able to eat everything at a wedding reception. It all went pretty smoothly until the cake debacle, where we had to try to cut these seven cakes as quickly as possible as the groom invited everyone up the moment they had finished their ceremonial cut. I ended up covered in frosting, but I did get to sneak a taste of the toasted almond buttercream cake which made it worth the hassle. The time went by pretty quickly, and soon we were unloading everything and packing it up and I was chasing down the brides father for a check. We got back to the QS before 3pm, and got all our stuff put away. Then I sat down, and the mad rush took it's toll. It's weird how you can really feel fine in the midst of craziness but as soon as you relax, the fatigue hits you like a ton of bricks. I had a couple more cigarettes and then rebby came to get me and we headed to Damons the Place for Ribs, where I had steak. It is so nice that their food is totally consistent, and very simple and good. It was JUST what I wanted. Then got home and took a NAP. Sweet, delicious sleep.
That's about a wrap. I need to try to get in some yoga and a shower. I'm SO GLAD that the weatherpeople can't be trusted....you have no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home