Monday, March 27, 2006

I don't know if the rockstars ever made it to the Quiet Storm. I could only make it till 3pm before I had to come home and pass out. I think up until then I was still drunk, and then around 3pm I started to be hung over. Being upright was no longer in the program.
Judging from how I felt, I would guess that those boys (despite having a 10+year advantage on me) having no doubt gone on to party much later into the night than I did, felt pretty rough Saturday afternoon. So if they made it in at all I will be pretty surprised. I did dream about the basshumper last night though...it was very sweet. I think it's just going to be one of those unexplainable intersections...I have no clue why he was drawn into my life for that half hour, but it sure was lovely. Of course I've googled him and in doing so remembered a bunch of other things he told me in the course of our little conversation. He didn't mention having a country blues radio show or playing with a cellist though. It seems as though they might have played a second show somewhere in town on Saturday...if I had known, I probably would have tried to pry myself out of the bed for it. They were that remarkable.
On to cupcakes....the lemon raspberry turned out great. I think I have mastered a basic cake recipe now and just have to vary the flavors. I baked and filled them at home then took them to the QS to frost them. (forgot to buy powdered sugar when I was going ingredient shopping...oops!) The frosting turned out really nice....lemon buttercream is one of life's little pleasures. When I was done I sat down and did some slip tallying and tried not to think about how spacy and weird I felt. I was definitely still drunk. The cupcake couple arrived and they were really great...they ar planning a super casual party in her grandmother's back yard, and are just going to through the marriage part in there somewhere. A great attitude. They loved all the cupcakes and had a hard time deciding. I gave them some to take home to share with people and told them to get back to me. I waited a little bit for the rockstars, but then I just had to leave. Came home and slept it off, then had to get ready to go the LUPEC party. I tried really hard to get psyched for it, but I just couldn't really get it up. We went and dropped off the buttons and I drank a soda water and then we turned around and came back home. Sweet, delicious sleep.
Sunday was a trip to the Waterfront with Jennie. We ate at Steak and Shake...let me just say, they are much better in theory than in practice. The pictures of food on the menu are really deceiving. My strawberry shake was delicious, and the chili 4 way was good, but not as big as it looked like it was going to be, and not enough onions. The fries Jennie got were also completely misrepresented on the menu. Oh well. It was good, just not the classic diner experience they try to make it out to be.
We trudged across the parking lot to Michael's, where I took the plunge and got a Wilton Cake Decorating Starter Kit for $30. I am so excited to start decorating I can barely control myself. It came with a little booklet so even if I can't get into a decorating class, I can start practicing. I also got a jar of red edible GLITTER. Dang.
Next stop was the Office Depot, where I invested in a black ink cartridge for my printer. Ink cartridges piss me off the same way tampons do...they totally have you over a barrel there. I guess I can look into the refilling kits or whatnot, but if you need to print something NOW and you run out of ink, you have no choice but to shell out $25 for it. Sigh. I got some pens and computer wipes to make myself feel a little better about the transaction. Then we headed to TJ Max, where I debated over socks. I finally got a pair that have silver glitter stripes, just because. They match the shoes. Then I accompanied Jennie to the Shoe Warehouse, as she was trying to buy walking shoes. The athletic shoes soon made me nervous, so I continued on to Target so she could shop in peace. I was completely unfrivolous in my Target shopping...got a britta filter and hand cream and liquid soap and a new toothbrush and kitchen cleaner. Ho hum. I did go a little nuts in the 99 cent trial size aisle, but still, every thing I bought was pretty much USEFUL. I even bought VITAMINS. Couldn't even bring myself to buy GUM. I guess the shellshock of the $25 ink cartridge killed my shopping lust. I am really happy with my cake decorating kit though! I got home last night and made myself a big salad (with beets! or, a-with-a-beets-a, as Trent would say) and settled in to read through the little booklet and fondle all the different decorating tips.
This morning I woke up feeling snotty in the head and sore in the throat. ARGH. If the seasons would just CHANGE already this could all be avoided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home