Monday, March 20, 2006

OH! I am so mad! I had the best dream last night, and now I can only remember parts of it. Seriously, this dream was so good, and I KNEW I should have scribbled it down right away when I woke up. Instead I forgot about it almost immediately and for most of the day, when suddenly the image of rolling around on the floor with Daniel Ash popped into my head while I was doing some paperwork at the bookstore. Oh my.
That's very titilating, but it wasn't really like that. Here's what I can remember of the dream:
I was going to see bauhaus and nin in concert at some very bizzarre sort of outdoor bar/grotto thing, with Jennie, Becky, and my sister. I arrived with my sister and we checked into our private changing room under the stage. It was loaded with boas and costumes. There were a lot of people milling around getting into position along the walkways that jutted out into the crowd. There wasn't really a stage to speak of, it was these long walkways and then a sort of balcolny. I got myself a nice puffy black boa and went to find Jennie in the crowd. She was just being dropped off at the gate, so I led her to where my sister and Becky were standing in the crowd. I decided to go upstairs and see if I could get a cocktail. I came up the staircase and noticed that a tiny little cabana style stage was being set up there. I was so intent on looking at it that I physically ran right into Daniel Ash, who was sort of stumbling bleary-eyed back from the bar. He was wearing a fuzzy chocolate brown turtleneck and dark navy sunglasses and his hair was chin length and sort of curly. It didn't really look much like him at all, actually, but I knew it was. He apologized for running into me and crawled into a booth with a stunning blonde. They were making a set list, I think. I looked over to the stage and saw that Kevin was setting up his drums and David was tuning, so I ran down to get Jennie. We got ourselves seats on a little banquette surrounded by lush plants and some kind of babbling brook. (the place really was very much like a tropical rainforest theme restaurant) We busied ourselves somehow and finally the show was ready to start. Daniel had changed into a shiny silver shirt and blue boa and tophat. Peter Murphy came out and started doing all kinds of spastic dances on the tiny stage. It seemed like Jennie and I were the only people in the place who were paying any attention, so they totally played to us. The songs were not any bauhaus songs that exist in reality, but I knew them all and was singing along. Then, for the finale of sorts, they all got down on the floor and were singing "love me love me love me" with their heads in a circle. Daniel grabbed me and pulled my head into the circle too, so I sang along with them. When the song was over, he started singing "I love you, love you, love you" to me and I felt really bad for the hot blonde who was still sitting in the booth. Their set was all of 4 songs long, and Jennie and I boldly walked up to them to ask why. Peter said that no one else cared and they would play for us later. I helped Daniel pack up his guitars and then he had to go back to the hot blonde. I went to find my sister and Becky and we walked into the underground ice palace/merch area.
That's pretty much all I can really remember, although I think I was friendly with Trent too in the dream, and I think that bauhaus really DID come and play for us later. But I've lost the details. Grrr.

In other news, I got a classmates.com contact from my number one "what if?" from highschool. As in, what if I had not been with my boyfriend and he had not been with his girlfriend....you know. He sent me photos of his daughter (18) and son (15) and told me about being a computer/business management type guy. Basically, he is a grown up. He's spent the last 20 years growing up, while I've spent them being a rock and roll freak. I don't feel good OR bad about it really....I just think it's funny how we take different paths in life and end up on such totally different trips. It's really nice to hear from him, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home