Monday, March 06, 2006

Cold pizza for breakfast is one of my favorite things. Even when breakfast is at 12:33.
Last night we ordered pizza and watched the Oscars. I was bummed that Jake didn't win, but I would have been MORE bummed if Heath won and Jake didn't. Does that make sense? Personal hi-lites were Luda coming out in his FINE THREADS to introduce the Three six Mafia, the really awesome Robert Altman intro that Lilly Tomlin and Meryl Streep did, and the montage of implied gay cowboy themes from old films. The Duke saying "I'll have you spread eagled on a wagon wheel" out of context had me guffaw-ing up a storm!
So, before the Oscars I worked really damn hard at Glam rock brunch. It was almost completely fun though...there was a hairy portion right around 12:30-1pm when we had tons of slips up, were running out of food, and every single plate in the place was currently sitting on someone's table. Then I pulled a frittata and another set of blintzes out of my ass, and found a tiny secret stash of old plates. And we were good to go again. Everyone seemed to love the menu (I was especially proud of the No More Mr Pot Pie, and it got good reviews) and Spat wore a purple boa and eye glitter for his whole shift. It was the fourth in a row of walloping shifts for him, but he said to me at the end "it's impossible to be in a bad mood when you are wearing a boa." Ha! Words to live by.
Tomorrow is Nine Inch Nails day! I can't believe it's finally here. We've been planning this trip for so long. We'll be heading up to Erie early to take full advantage of every possible moment in the jacuzzi suite. I am packing a picnic so we don't have to leave the jacuzzi suite for dinner. That's how serious this is.
Back on Wednesday with a review.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home